Prevent Training & Anti-radicalisation Awareness Overview:
Our Prevent Duty Training Course aims to educate those working in the Education and Childcare sector. It will equip staff with the right tools to identify children who are at risk of radicalisation and what to do if children are identified.
The course is delivered over 2 hours
Our group training is offered for attendees per trainer
What is covered:
Our four hour Prevent Awareness Training Course is a proactive step to demonstrating this commitment through:
- An understanding of the Prevent agenda and delegates’ role within it.
- The ability to use existing expertise and judgement to recognise potentially vulnerable individuals and identify when an intervention may be necessary to support them.
- Knowledge of when, how and where to refer concerns about vulnerable individuals.
Who is the course for?
The Counter Terrorism & Security Act passed in July of 2015 means that bodies that have responsibilities towards supporting children now have a legal duty to help prevent children becoming radicalised and drawn into terrorism. Staff must know how to identify children who are at risk of radicalisation and what to do if children are identified. This Act applies to:
- Schools and colleges
- Local authorities
- Children’s homes
- Youth services
- Independent fostering agencies
- Pastoral agencies
- Children’s groups
These bodies should ensure they are part of their local authorities’ safeguarding arrangements and that staff are aware of and know how to contribute to Prevent related activity in their area where appropriate.
What will you achieve?
- Recognise their Role towards the Prevent Duty and the governments counter terrorism strategy
- Outline the main safeguarding and Anti-terrorism legislation and guidance in the UK
- Make appropriate referrals to CHANNEL
- Complete a vulnerability assessment and recognise those most vulnerable to extremism
- Define the terms extremism, terrorism and radicalisation
- State the aspects of Prevent that fit into regular safeguarding and identify the ways to report concerns
- Challenge extremist ideas and refer young people for further help
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”