Our FASD course enables attendees to recognise signs and symptoms of the disorder as well as the screening and diagnosis of FASD.
Learn how to notice symptoms of epilepsy and what epilepsy is and how to administer rescue medication
What is Epilepsy? How does epilepsy affect daily life? What is Symptomatic epilepsy? What is Idiopathic epilepsy? What is Cryptogenic epilepsy? What are Simple Partial Seizures? What are Complex Partial (Focal) Seizures? What’s the difference between Absence, Myoclonic, Tonic and Atonic Seizures?
Our Epilepsy Awareness Including Rescue Medication Training will help you answer the questions above and more. Epilepsy is a serious neurological condition that can affect anyone at any age and from any walk of life. There are 600,000 people with epilepsy living in the UK, around one in every 100 people. Every day, 87 people are diagnosed.
Through our Epilepsy Awareness Including Rescue Medication Training, you will gain an understanding of what epilepsy is and how it affects an individual’s daily life. You will learn what Symptomatic, Idiopathic and Cryptogenic Epilepsy is. You will learn the common triggers of epilepsy. You will learn the difference between Simple Partial Seizures, Complex Partial (Focal) Seizures and Secondary Generalised Seizures are. You will also learn the difference between Absence, Myoclonic, Tonic and Atonic Seizures are.
What does Epilepsy Awareness Including Rescue Medication Training cover?
- The definition of epilepsy and how it can affect an individuals’ daily life.
- Recognise the different types of epilepsy and the different types of seizures.
- Understand what treatment is available.
- Understand the different side effects epilepsy medication can cause.
- Understand what Status Epilepticus means.
- Gain knowledge of what rescue medication is and how to use it.
- Explore reasons why you should record and seizure and what data to record.
Who is our Epilepsy Awareness Including Rescue Medication Training for?
Our Epilepsy Awareness Including Rescue Medication Training is for anyone who works or supports an individual with epilepsy. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in, our epilepsy awareness course will give you the knowledge needed to understand how to aid an individual having an epileptic seizure.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what epilepsy is and how it affects an individual’s daily life.
- Discuss what can cause epilepsy.
- Recognise the common triggers of epilepsy.
- Discuss what Partial (Focal) Seizures are.
- Discuss what Generalised Seizures are and the types.
- Be able to understand the medication and surgery available for treatment of epilepsy.
- Evaluate the different kinds of side effects epilepsy medication can have.
- Discuss what Rescue Medication is and how it is administered.
- Develop knowledge, skills and, strategies to develop positive environments for individuals who suffer with epilepsy.
Frequently asked questions
This course enables learners to understand how to assess risk, what children need to feel safe and to develop ‘safer care guidelines’ for a fostering environment.
Our 4-hour prevent training and anti-radicalisation awareness course is a proactive step to demonstrating the commitment of a workplace towards their Prevent duty.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.