Infection Control Awareness Training Overview:
This course provides candidates with the basic knowledge and understanding of infection control and meets the requirements of the Induction Standard 4.6 “Infection Control”. Delegates will understand the causes of infection, how the chain of infection works and how to break it, as well as their role in preventing infection from occurring.
The course is delivered over 3 hours
Our group training is offered for 3-15 attendees per trainer
What is covered:
The course covers:
- Relevant legislation and notification of infectious diseases.
- Ways to reduce contamination through standard precautions and hygiene practices.
- Factors affecting susceptibility.
- The correct use of protective items and safety devices.
- The nature of common micro-organisms and how to recognise the symptoms of an infection.
Who is the course for?
This course is a mandatory requirement for the majority of health and social care settings depending on the risk assessment, it is suitable for any environment to manage the risks of the infection and the spread of infection within the environment.
What will you achieve?
- Describe common diseases and the chain of infection
- Understand standard infection control procedures
- Apply standard infection control procedures
- Correctly manage waste and spills
- Understand roles and responsibilities in preventing infection
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”