Our End of Life Care course enables attendees to understand the principles of End of Life Care and the importance of establishing goals of care.
Learn the different types of Micro-organisms as well as what Microbial Reservoirs are.
What infectious diseases does the Health Protection Agency need to be notified? What is an infection? What are the different types of micro-organisms? What is food hygiene and what strategies should be in place? What is waste management and why is it important? What is hand hygiene and how do you perform hand hygiene? What are the points of exit and entry? Our Infection Control Training will help you answer the questions above the more.
In 2019, it was estimated that there are 106,890 people living with HIV in the UK. 94% of these people are diagnosed and therefore know that they have HIV.
Through our Infection Control course, you will gain an understanding of the relevant legislation involved within Infection Control in the workplace. You will learn the causes and spread of infection. You will learn what the chain of infection and how to break it. You will learn the value of universal precautions. You will learn what to do if you have a sharps injury. You will learn how to demonstrate effective hand washing techniques. You will also learn about a variety of viral, bacterial, fungal and parasite infections.
What does Infection Control Training cover?
- What the different types of micro-organisms are.
- Recognise what the Chain of Infection is.
- Recognise the different colour codes as well as what colours are used for which reason.
- Understand what to do if there is a blood and body substance spills.
- Demonstrate how to correctly perform hand hygiene.
- Develop an understanding of why the use of aprons and glove is very important.
- Explore factors that can affect susceptibility
Who is our Infection Control Training for?
Our Infection Control course is for everyone, whatever care or non-care sector you work in having the knowledge of how to control infection as well as the correct use of hand hygiene and waste management. Our course will provide you with the knowledge, skill, and confidence.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the value of universal precautions.
- Discuss the different relevant legislation involved with infection control.
- Recognise the different micro-organisms e.g., Viral, Bacterial, Fungal and Parasite infections.
- Be able to know what to do if you get a sharps injury.
- Evaluate the infectious diseases that should be notified to the Health Protection Agency which are called Notification of Infectious diseases.
Frequently asked questions
Our ADHD in Adults and Teens course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding what symptoms can occur as well as what can cause ADHD.
Our Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Awareness Online Course enables attendees to identify the signs and symptoms of the 3 types of ADHD, be able to understand the causes of ADHD and what treatments can be used.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.