Moving with Safety (Including People) Train the Trainer Course Overview:
Promoting positive moving and handling practice for those who assist in the moving and handling of people is one of the primary training areas for those environments that it effects. Muscular-skeletal injury is still one of the biggest causes of workplace ill health and those staff that are moving people are statistically at greater risk.
The course is delivered over 2 days
Our group training is offered for 3 – 12 attendees per trainer
What is covered:
Delegates will learn the theoretical knowledge to ensure their delegates understand the legal duties of manual handling practice. They will understand the risks of moving and handling and be able to perform and teach the use of moving and handling risk assessments. This will allow them to teach both the moving of loads and people to their environment. This course is aligned to the CSTF (Core Skills Training Framework).
Who is the course for?
This two-day course is designed to train those staff that are looking to teach Moving and handling training in house to their staff team. They will then receive significant training on the use of moving and handling equipment related to moving people. Throughout the course they will also receive ongoing advice on teaching and delivery skills to be able to impart this information in face to face training sessions that they run in house.
All delegates that pass the course will receive
- Certificate in “Moving with safety (people) train the trainer”
- Trainer pack containing session plans and powerpoint presentations for half day (refresher) and full day training courses in Moving and Handling People that is aligned to the CSTF , additional training material and activities they can use for their own session delivery.
Delegate Assessment Methods:
- Written test
- Practical assessment
- Micro- teach
What will you achieve?
- To define manual handling and its potential risks
- To inform staff of manual handling legislation
- Understand the nature of muscular skeletal injuries
- Inform staff on how to perform a risk assessment when moving people or objects
- Demonstrate good manual handling technique
- Understand the process and procedures involved in delivering a theory based and practical skills course
- Communicate and present effectively to learners
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills
- Self-reflect and review practice post feedback
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”