Oral Health Awareness Online Overview:
This course is vital not only to the oral health of your clients but their general health too. Poor oral hygiene can cause a number of diseases such as respiratory infections, cardiovascular disease and diabetic complications to name a few. It's not just about having pearly whites, having your staff know about oral health and how to care properly could save the lives of your clients. This course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The course is delivered online.
Our online courses are designed for individuals, organisations and small groups.
What is covered:
The aim of this course is to greater increase your knowledge of oral health within the care sector and its impacts, as well as the relevant legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- Effects general health, well-being and dignity
- Impact of untreated dental pain and communication difficulties
- Delivering daily mouth care
- Reassessing oral health
- Reporting oral health concerns
- Responding to needs
- Denture marking
Who is the course for?
There are no barriers to entry on this course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.
What will you achieve?
- Understand the importance of oral health and the potential effect on their general health, well-being and dignity
- Understand the potential impact of untreated dental pain or mouth infection on the behaviour and general health and well-being of people who cannot articulate their pain or distress or ask for help (this includes, for example, residents with dementia or communication difficulties)
- Know how to deliver daily mouth care
- Know how and when to reassess oral health
- Know how and when to report any oral health concerns, and how to respond to a person’s changing needs and circumstances
- Understand the importance of denture marking and how to arrange this for people, with their permission
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”