Palliative and End of Life Care Online Overview:
Care given within a person's dying days is arguably the most important responsibility a carer can possess. It is, therefore, of utmost importance that the care given to these patients is carried out with respect, empathy and support towards the patient and their family. Ensure your staff know exactly what to do in relation to end-of-life care to allow patients to pass in comfort and peace and to allow their family happy memories of their life. This course is CPD accredited. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The course is delivered online.
Our online courses are designed for individuals, organisations and small groups.
What is covered:
The aim of this course is to greater increase your knowledge of palliative care and how to support patients, as well as to learn the relevant legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- Defining palliative care
- Types of complementary therapy
- Empathy and support
- Attitudes and fears
- Advanced Care Planning
- Symptom Management
- Advance Directives
- Roles and responsibilities
Who is the course for?
There are no barriers to entry on this course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.
What will you achieve?
- Describe what is meant by palliative care
- Understand how we cope with palliative care and help others
- Describe the different types of complementary therapies
- Understand how to empathise with, and support patients
- Describe some end-of-life care strategies
- Think about your attitudes and fears about death and dying
- Recognise different experiences around death and dying
- Understand the need for Advanced Care Planning
- Describe the importance of Symptom Management
- Describe ‘Advance Directives’
- Understand roles and responsibilities in end-of-life care
On completion of this course, either download your certificate or access at a later date online.
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”