Our Equality and Diversity in Foster Care course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding the benefits to multiculturalism and diversity as well as the dangers of assumptions.
Safeguarding Of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) Online
About Safeguarding Of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) Online
What is a vulnerable adult? What is involved with The Equality Act 2010, The Mental Capacity Act 2007, The Care Act 2014, The Sexual Offences Act 2003, and The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012? What is Physical abuse? What is Psychological and Emotional Abuse? What is Discriminatory abuse? What is Sexual abuse? What is Financial and Material abuse? What is neglect and what is self-neglect? What is Institutional or Organisational abuse? Our Online Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) Course enables attendees to identify the six principles which are Empowerment, Protection, Prevention, Proportionality, Partnership and Accountability. will help you answer the questions above and more. It is estimated that there have been around 498,260 concerns of abuse raised during 2022 to 2021 in the UK.
Through our Online Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults course, you will gain an understanding of what Physical abuse, Psychological or Emotional abuse, Discriminatory abuse, Sexual abuse, Financial and Material abuse, Institutional and Organisational abuse, and Behavioural Indication of abuse entails as well as the signs that the individual is being abused. You will learn what Neglect is and what are the signs of an individual being neglected. You will learn what Self-Neglect is and what are the signs that an individual is Self-Neglecting.
What does this course cover?
- Who is a vulnerable adult and which legislation is in place to protect them.
- Recognise what Modern Slavery is and to be able to define Human Trafficking, Forced Labour, Debt Bondage, Domestic Servitude as well as Forced Labour.
- Recognise the Prevent Agenda relating to Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015 also known as CONTEST.
- Be able to understand why individuals who have been abused or neglected don’t complain.
- Be able to deal with a complaint as well as how you should act when being told.
- Demonstrate correct communication methods when being informed of abuse or neglect.
- Explore roles and responsibilities of a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and how to preserve evidence of abuse or neglect.
Who is our Safeguarding Of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) Online for?
Our Online Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Course enables attendees to identify the six principles which are Empowerment, Protection, Prevention, Proportionality, Partnership and Accountability. course is for anyone who carers for an individual who is classes as a Vulnerable Adult. Our course will provide knowledge, skills and, confidence to how to deal with a complaint.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss who is classed as a vulnerable adult.
- Discuss all the different legislation and regulations involved with Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
- Recognise the differences between the types of abuse and neglect.
- Be able to understand the roles and responsibilities of a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive and safe environments for individuals who are wanting to inform you of abuse and/ or neglect.
Our Prevent and Anti-radicalisation course enables attendees to understand the difference between Extremism, Radicalisation and Terrorism as well as how the Allport Prejudice Scale works and the involvement within Prevent and Anti-radicalisation.
This single-day Ligature Awareness Train the Trainer course provides an understanding and awareness in the subject of Ligatures and ligature reduction protocol.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.