This two-day train the trainer course is designed to train those that are looking to teach Moving and Handling training in house to their staff team.
Challenging Behaviour & Breakaway Train the Trainer July 2023
About this course
This is a two day Managing Challenging Behaviour & Breakaway Techniques Train the Trainer course that explores the three strategies of managing aggression and challenging behaviour: from prevention and proactive management through to responding appropriately this course explores understanding the causes of behaviour, and helps individuals to teach others how to de-escalate aggressive and challenging behaviour and teaches both physical and non-physical personal safety strategies.
What does Challenging Behaviour & Breakaway Train the Trainer July 2023 cover?
This course explores the causes of behaviour, pro-active strategies for reducing behaviours, de-escalation strategies for managing a situation once it has escalated, dynamic risk assessment principles to help individuals recognise the appropriate course of action and then the law regarding physical intervention.
It then teaches individuals physical techniques including disengagement and defence techniques, for varying risk levels and situations.
Who is our Challenging Behaviour & Breakaway Train the Trainer July 2023 for?
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Understand the causes and functions of behaviours
- Recognise the importance of proactive as well as responsive strategies
- Label the six stages of the Able Target Model
- Recognise stages of escalation and understand appropriate response methods
- Instigate an appropriate debrief/reflection process after an incident occurs
- Understand ‘reasonable force’
- Recognise the benefits of nonphysical techniques
- Understand the law relating to Self Defence and Physical Intervention
- Perform a dynamic risk assessment
- Identify the importance of recording and debriefing
- Demonstrate effective disengagement techniques (including- wrist, hair, throat, and clothing grabs)
- Demonstrate effective defence techniques (including punches and kicks)
- Perform third party interventions to assist someone else
Reviews from Google
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.