Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3
About this course
What does our Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 session involve? What are the roles of a first aider? What are the aims of a first aider? How do you minimise infection in the workplace? What is in a first aid kit and what is not? How is CPR performed differently for children to adults? What are the causes of unconsciousness? How is The Recovery Position performed differently to children/ infants and adults? How to treat a bleed? How to determine what a minor injury is? What are the types of fractures? What is an accident book?
Our Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
On completion of the course, participants will be awarded a certificate valid for 3 years. You will sit an exam to complete the Ofqual approved Level 3 qualification if you have any concerns with the session or exam, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.
Through our Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 course, you will gain an understanding of what the chain of survival is and how this is involved with being a first aider. You will learn the different acronyms that are used in first aid which are DRABC, AED, FISH, SHAPED, AVPU, SCALD and BE FAST and which condition or aid they refer to. You will learn how to aid an individual if they have vomited during resuscitation. You will also learn the do’s and do not’s when aiding an individual that is unconscious.
To book this session you can go onto our Eventbrite page, please see the link below:
If you are looking to book our Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 session for a group, please follow the link below for more details:
What does Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 cover?
- The roles of a first aider.
- How to aid an individual correctly and safely with a minor injury.
- Understand the contents of a first aid kit.
- Understand how to aid an unconscious and/ or non-responsive and/ or not breathing individual.
- Recognise the difference between mind and severe choking and how to aid a child/ adult when they are choking.
- Understand the difference between a focal and generalised seizure.
- Understand how blood loss is related to skin, breathing, pulse and consciousness.
- Understand what arterial, venous and capillary wounds are.
- Gain knowledge of why an accident book in the workplace is important.
Who is our Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 for?
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 (RQF) qualification is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace. Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be equipped with the essential skills needed to give safe, prompt, and effective first aid in emergency situations.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
By the end of the course, you will be able to…
- Understand The Respiratory System, The Skeletal System and The Cardiovascular System and which conditions can impact each system.
- Understand how to correctly use a tourniquet.
- Understand the different types of conditions mentioned in our first aid course and how to aid the individual.
- Recognise when to call 999 or 111.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to be a qualified first aider in the workplace in Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3.
Reviews from Google
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.