Ligature Awareness and Protocol Train the Trainer December 2024
About this course
What is a ligature? What is a ligature point? What is self-strangulation? What is hanging? What is a ligature cutter? What is the difference between suicide, attempted suicide, assisted suicide, and suicidal ideation? What are the risks of ligaturing? What legislation is involved within ligature awareness and protocol? Why are ligature audits and audit toolkits important? What can be used as a ligature and ligature point? How do you correctly and safety use ligature cutters?
Our Ligature Awareness and Protocol Train the Trainer Public Courses will help you to answer the questions above and more.
On completion of the course, participants will be awarded an ATA (Ability Training Awards) certificate which is valid for 3 years. If you have any questions regarding the session, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.
Through our Ligature Awareness and Protocol Train the Trainer Public course, you will gain an understanding of how to correctly teach a group effective communication skills as well as how to aid an individual if they are ligaturing. You will learn the different definitions involved within ligature awareness training. You will learn the risks of ligaturing. You will learn the post event risks. You will learn the different types of legislation involved. You will learn what a ligature risk and anchor point audit is. You will learn the importance of an audit toolkit. You will learn the increase factors and warning behaviours. You will learn how to prevent this event form occurring. You will learn how to correctly use a ligature cutter to aid an individual. You will learn basic life support to aid an individual if required as well as how to move them into the recovery position.
To book this session you can go onto our Eventbrite page, please see the link below:
If you are looking to book our Ligature Awareness and Protocol TTT session for a group, please follow the link below for more details:
What does Ligature Awareness and Protocol Train the Trainer December 2024 cover?
- What the different definition, guidelines, and legislation are.
- How to ask direct and indirect questions when teaching.
- Understand the risk and complications that can occur during a serious incident.
- Understand the benefits of an environmental assessment and risk reduction policy.
- Recognise how to perform an environmental suicide and ligature point audit and risk assessment.
- Understand the importance of good practice in assessing and removing potential ligature material.
- Understand how to safely use and store ligature cutters and follow correct procedure in the event of use both during and after.
- Gain knowledge in how to perform emergency procedures and BLS (Basic Life Support).
Who is our Ligature Awareness and Protocol Train the Trainer December 2024 for?
Our Ligature Awareness and Protocol Train the Trainer public course is designed for individuals who wish to become a Ligature Awareness and Protocol trainer for their workplace. Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be equipped with the essential skills needed to prevent, aid, and record during a serious incident.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
By the end of the course, you will be able to…
- Understand the importance of ligature point and environmental suicide audits.
- Understand how to correctly use a ligature cutter.
- Understand the different types learning styles and how you can incorporate these into your session to provide quality engaging training.
- Recognise when sterilisation of ligature cutters should be completed.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to be a Ligature Awareness and Protocol trainer.
Reviews from Google
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.