Infection Control Awareness
This course provides candidates with the basic knowledge and understanding of infection control and meets the requirements of the Induction Standard 4.6 “Infection Control”. Delegates will understand the causes of infection, how the chain of infection works and how to break it, as well as their role in preventing infection from occurring.
The course covers:
- Relevant legislation and notification of infectious diseases.
- Ways to reduce contamination through standard precautions and hygiene practices.
- Factors affecting susceptibility.
- The correct use of protective items and safety devices.
- The nature of common micro-organisms and how to recognise the symptoms of an infection.
Attendees will be able to:
Other courses you may be interested in:
Find out more about our Pricing Policy
Benefits of using Able Training
What people say about us
I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.