This three hour Internet Safety course helps individuals working with children to get up-to-speed with the on-line threats faced by looked after children. The on-line world is such a rapidly changing environment it can be difficult to keep up with the ever changing nature and dangers of the environment
In addition to looking at the risks posed by social networking, cyberbullying, grooming/sexual exploitation and inappropriate website content, this course explores issues specific to children in care, including:
- Unauthorised contact and how children can be traced.
- The smartphone ‘apps’ that facilitate and encourage ‘sexting’.
- Software and hardware to prevent access to inappropriate content and prevent unauthorised contact.
- Spotting online ‘friends’ who might not be who they say they are.
- Incorporating Internet safety into the safer caring plan.
Attendees will be able to:
Other courses you may be interested in:
Find out more about our Pricing Policy
Benefits of using Able Training
What people say about us
Great interaction with everyone, gave great tips and advice about physical intervention within the foster care role. Adapted the training…
We found the course to be very informative course and hugely enjoyable, mainly because of the trainer who presented the materials brilliantly and…
We found the training very informative and helpful. The discussions around preventing challenging behaviour, and why incidents happen in the…
I think this training should be done by every new foster carer. I regret not receiving this training 10 years…
The course went so quickly as the trainer gave us food for thought about how we face challenging behaviour, how…