Record and Report Writing in Foster Care
Those working with looked after children and their families are involved in recording in different ways.
Record keeping is not an activity that is always approached with enthusiasm however it is hugely important for a number of reasons. It:
- Provides continuity for the child when social workers are unavailable or change.
- Protects a foster carer from allegations.
- Creates the opportunity to reflect on the placement and learn from mistakes and good ideas.
- Helps to identify a carer’s training and development needs.
- Identifies issues for the child.
- Saves time and effort by providing a future reference for carers and staff.
- Allows analysis of patterns of behaviour and identification of improvements and problems early on.
Recording supports positive care of children, provides evidence of good practice and helps to create a written narrative of a young person’s journey through care.
This three hour course supports staff to write appropriate and accurate records within the child social care system.
Contact us for more information on this Record & Report Writing in Foster Care Training Course by completing the enquiry form on the right or using the buttons below.
Attendees will be able to
Other courses you may be interested in
Find out more about our Pricing Policy
Benefits of using Able Training
What people say about us
Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.
Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.
Had an enjoyable day – highly recommend this trainer and this course as he sure knows his stuff.