Safeguarding and Child Protection
This interactive course looks at the physical and emotional aspects of safeguarding children. Participants will learn about:
- Safeguarding legislation and guidance including the Safeguarding Children Act 2013.
- The role of statutory agencies in safeguarding children.
- The role of Significant Harm as a compulsory intervention threshold.
Participants will explore how to recognise:
- Children who are particularly vulnerable.
- Signs and symptoms of sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect.
- How abusing parents and carers might present themselves.
The course covers how the participant should respond to a child who discloses abuse, how to record and report concerns or such a disclosure, the Duty to Refer to Children’s Social Care Services.
Attendees will be able to:
Other courses you may be interested in:
Find out more about our Pricing Policy
Benefits of using Able Training
What people say about us
I think this training should be done by every new foster carer. I regret not receiving this training 10 years…
Great interaction with everyone, gave great tips and advice about physical intervention within the foster care role. Adapted the training…
Really interesting, I learned lots of new info with great psychological insights. Would love to do more training with this…
The course was really interesting as a training teacher. I have seen first hand on placement how challenging some children…