Safeguarding and Child Protection
This interactive course looks at the physical and emotional aspects of safeguarding children. Participants will learn about:
- Safeguarding legislation and guidance including the Safeguarding Children Act 2013.
- The role of statutory agencies in safeguarding children.
- The role of Significant Harm as a compulsory intervention threshold.
Participants will explore how to recognise:
- Children who are particularly vulnerable.
- Signs and symptoms of sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect.
- How abusing parents and carers might present themselves.
The course covers how the participant should respond to a child who discloses abuse, how to record and report concerns or such a disclosure, the Duty to Refer to Children’s Social Care Services.
Attendees will be able to:
Other courses you may be interested in:
Find out more about our Pricing Policy
Benefits of using Able Training
What people say about us
Really interesting, I learned lots of new info with great psychological insights. Would love to do more training with this…
The course went so quickly as the trainer gave us food for thought about how we face challenging behaviour, how…
I think this training should be done by every new foster carer. I regret not receiving this training 10 years…
We found the course to be very informative course and hugely enjoyable, mainly because of the trainer who presented the materials brilliantly and…
The course was really interesting as a training teacher. I have seen first hand on placement how challenging some children…