Our Depression and Anxiety Disorders in Children course enables attendees to understand the nature of anxiety and depression as well as how it can impact on an individual and those around them.
Autism Awareness Online Course
About Autism Awareness Online Course
What is autism? What other conditions can autism occur with? What can increase a child’s risk of having autism? What is the difference between male and female autism? What is The Triad of Impairments? What is The Six Stage Target Model? What is Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) and how is it involved with autism? What is the SPELL Framework? Our Autism Awareness course will help you answer the questions above and more. 7/10 people with autism also have mental health difficulties. Through our Autism Awareness course, you will gain an understanding of how the 5 senses are affected by autism. You will learn how autism is diagnosed. You will learn the criteria that were set out to diagnose autism which are the ICD-11 and DSM-5. You will learn what criteria set out the foundation for diagnostic tools which are the DISCO, ADI-R, ADOS, and 3Di. You will learn how social, communication, and behavioural skills are affected by autism. You will learn how speech is affected by autism. You will so learn how sensory difficulties can affect an individual’s day-to-day life.
What does this course cover?
- What autism is and how it affects an individual’s day to day life.
- Recognise how autism affects an adolescence compared to a child.
- Recognise the types and reasons to why an individual with autism may self-harm.
- Understand why individuals with autism have difficulty with food.
- Demonstrate effective techniques and strategies to aid someone with autism.
- Develop effective tactics to implement the individual’s interest into day to day life.
- Explore reasons to why day to day life living with autism may be difficult.
Who is our Autism Awareness Online Course for?
Our Autism Awareness course is for anyone who cares for or works with an individual who have autism who is looking for basic awareness around autism. Our course is solely based on children and adolescents with autism rather than adults. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our autism awareness course will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss how the psychological and physical symptoms of anxiety can affect someone with autism.
- Discuss how the 5 senses can be affected by autism.
- Recognise what the theory of mind is.
- Be able to understand the difference between receptive and expressive speech.
- Evaluate the different sensory difficulties that can be affected by autism.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments for individual’s with autism.
Our ADHD in Children course enables attendees to understand what Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is as well as how it can affect day-to-day life for a child.
Our ADHD in Adults and Teens course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding what symptoms can occur as well as what can cause ADHD.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.