Our LGBTQ+ Awareness course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding the initialism as well as related terminology.
Barrier Nursing Online Course
About Barrier Nursing Online Course
What is Barrier Nursing? What is Isolated Nursing? What is PPE? What is waste disposal? What is good housekeeping? What types of legislation are involved within Barrier and Isolated Nursing? What is the correct hand-washing technique? What are the 3 different types of waste bags used for? What is steam cleaning? Our Barrier Nursing course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
Through our Barrier Nursing Online Course, you will gain an understanding of the purposes of barrier and isolated nursing. You will learn the different types of PPE used in the workplace as well as why PPE is important. You will learn what the duty of care is involving barrier nursing. You will learn why waste disposal is important and how it is correctly and safety executed. You will learn the 3 different types of waste bags and what they are used for.
What does this course cover?
- The purpose of Barrier and Isolated Nursing within the workplace.
- Understand what the different types of legislation are and why they are important within barrier nursing.
- Understand the difference between the 3 colours of waste bags.
- Recognise when a room should be cleaned.
- Understand why steam cleaning is important.
- Gain knowledge of the importance of handwashing
Who is our Barrier Nursing Online Course for?
Our Barrier Nursing course is for anyone who works with individuals who are being cared and supported, an example would be a care or residential home. This session is based for care sectors. Staff members having this session will increase their knowledge and understanding about the importance of Barrier and Isolated nursing.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss the importance and purpose of barrier and isolated nursing.
- Discuss the importance of understanding the duties of care within a care oriented workplace environment.
- Recognise the 3 different waste bags with which colour are used.
- Be able to identify the importance of steam cleaning within the different rooms.
- Demonstrate how to correctly perform handwashing.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies that will increase your knowledge about barrier and isolated nursing within the workplace.
Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.