Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Online
About Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Online
Our COSHH course enables attendees to identify what harmful substances there are, recognise what the pictograms are warning and what illnesses can be caused by the hazardous substances. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is the law that requires employers to control workplace substances that are deemed hazardous to health. Our online Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) E-Learning course is aimed at those learners who work in an environment where coming into contact with hazardous substances is likely. It gives learners the knowledge and skills to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control and store them effectively. What are the different types of harmful substances? What substances does COSHH not regulate? What illnesses can occur from the harmful substances regulated by COSHH? How can the substances enter the body? Our COSHH course will help you answer the questions above and more. If an organisation employs 5 or more individuals, risk assessments and COSHH training/ knowledge legally needs to be completed. Through our COSHH course, you will gain an understanding of what hazardous substances there are. You will learn the legislations and regulations behind COSHH. You will learn how to minimise the risks of exposure. Gain knowledge of how the substances enter the body and how they affect the body. You will also gain knowledge on what the different kinds of pictograms mean.
What does this course cover?
- The different types of hazardous/ harmful substances.
- The hazardous substances COSHH does not cover.
- The legislation and regulations used.
- Understand in ways which hazardous/ harmful substances enter the body.
- The illnesses that can be caused.
- What HSE expects employers to have in place.
- Understand who is at high risk.
- How/ why risk assessments should be in place.
- The Hierarchy to minimise risks.
Who is our Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Online for?
Our COSHH course is for anyone who works in a setting where any of these hazardous substances are used e.g., Office Workers, Hairdressers, Cleaners and many more. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our COSHH course will give you knowledge, skills and confidence in how to try and prevent an exposure and act against hazardous substances safely and correctly.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what hazardous substances there are and understand what pictograms show that specific hazard.
- Discuss what factors can be used to decrease the risks of exposure.
- Recognise HSE’s expectations of employers.
- Be able to assess what legislations and regulations are in place.
- Evaluate what illnesses can occur.
- Demonstrate which pictograms go with which hazardous substance.
- Evaluate why a risk assessment is needed.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to decrease the risks of hazardous substances causing illnesses.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Our Alcohol Awareness course enables attendees to identify the difference between Alcoholism, Alcoholic, Alcohol dependant and Alcohol misuse and what medical conditions can be caused by prolonged harmful drinking.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.