Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Online Training
About Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Online Training
What is Display Screen Equipment (DSE)? What health risks can be caused by using incorrect DSE? What are the responsibilities of your employer? What equipment does DSE cover? Our Display Screen Equipment (DSE) course will help you answer the questions above and more. Incorrect use of DSE or poorly designed workstations or work environments can lead to physical pain and injury these include: back pain, fatigue, stress, eye strain, RSI (repetitive strain) and WRULD (work-related upper limb disorders). Staff who regularly receive the appropriate training on how to reduce the risk of these hazards.
Through our Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Online Training, you will gain an understanding of what DSE is. You will learn what types of equipment is covered by DSE e.g. tablets, laptops, smartphones, touchscreens and PC’s. You will also gain knowledge of what health risks can occur by using incorrect DSE. You will learn how to safely use DSE to decrease health risks in the workplace. You will also gain knowledge on how to set up your workstation correctly.
What does this course cover?
- Understand Display Screen Equipment (DSE) and the different types of equipment involved.
- Recognise what health risks can occur.
- Understand how to safely use DSE.
- Understand how to set up your workstation correctly.
- Understand the difference between fixed and mobile working.
- Understand the 2 types of legislation that is used in favour of DSE.
- Gain knowledge on how your posture should be while working.
- Explore how light, noise and air quality can affect individuals while working.
Who is our Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Online Training for?
Our Display Screen Equipment (DSE) course is for anyone who works in an environment where they use DSE equipment daily or for more than 1 hour a day (this includes static and portable equipment). Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our DSE course will give you knowledge, skills and confidence in how to prevent health risks caused by incorrect usage of DSE.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what Display Screen Equipment is and what types of equipment is involved.
- Discuss what health risks might occur if DSE is used incorrectly.
- Recognise what your employers’ responsibilities are regarding DSE.
- Be able to distinguish the difference between fixed and mobile working.
- Evaluate how light, noise and air quality can affect an individual while working.
- Demonstrate how correct and incorrect posture should be.
- Evaluate different circumstances of why an individual’s quality and efficiency of work may be affected by incorrect use of DSE.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Our Alcohol Awareness course enables attendees to identify the difference between Alcoholism, Alcoholic, Alcohol dependant and Alcohol misuse and what medical conditions can be caused by prolonged harmful drinking.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.