Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Fire Safety Awareness Online
About Fire Safety Awareness Online
What is Fire Safety Awareness? How can you prevent a fire? What is the difference between Conduction, Convection and Radiation? What are the types of fire? What are the policies and procedures needed? When to activate an alarm? How to evacuate a building safely? Our Fire Safety Awareness course will help you answer the questions above and more.
In June 2021 it was estimated that there were 149,779 fire incidents however, there was a decrease from June 2016 which was 154,563.
Through our Fire Safety Awareness Online Course, you will gain an understanding of The Regulatory Reform (fire safety) order 2005. You will learn about what policies and procedures should be in place. How fire checks should be done. Knowledge of the different categories of fire. You will learn the different types of fire extinguishers and how they are used. You will also learn what the acronym PASS means in relation to using fire extinguishers.
What does this course cover?
- What can cause a fire?
- Recognise the differences between convection, radiation and conduction.
- Understand the different types of fire.
- Understand how to safely activate a fire alarm?
- What the 5 fire extinguishers are for and how to identify them?
- Gain knowledge on the difference between green and red fire signs.
- Explore reasons to what policies and procedures are needed.
Who is our Fire Safety Awareness Online for?
Our Fire Safety Awareness course is for anyone who is working in an area where a fire could occur. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Fire Safety Awareness Course will give you knowledge, skills and confidence in how to prevent and act against a fire.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what the differences of fire are and what extinguisher should be used.
- Discuss what factors can cause a fire.
- Recognise the policies and procedures used at certain workplaces.
- Be able to a discuss the differences between conduction, radiation and convection.
- Evaluate the different categories of fire.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how fires can be prevented.
- Discuss what firefighting equipment should be in place.
- Evaluate different circumstances of why there are 5 different fire extinguishers and what type of fire they should be used on?
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Our Alcohol Awareness course enables attendees to identify the difference between Alcoholism, Alcoholic, Alcohol dependant and Alcohol misuse and what medical conditions can be caused by prolonged harmful drinking.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.