A 3 hour awareness course focused on the understanding of diet, nutrition and fluids, and exploring good practice methods of promoting health and good practice within the health and social care setting.
Online Food Safety Course
About Online Food Safety Course
What is Food Safety? What is microbiological contamination? What is chemical contamination? What is allergenic contamination? What is physical contamination? What are the danger zones of pathogens? What legislation and regulations are there? Our Online Food Safety Course will help you answer the questions above and more. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) estimates that about 2.4 million cases of foodborne illnesses occur every year in the UK.
Through our Online Food Safety Course, you will gain an understanding of what legislation and regulations have been put into force. You will learn the difference between microbiological, physical, allergenic, and chemical contamination. You will learn the danger zones of temperatures for pathogens to survive. You will learn how effective cleaning is important. You will also learn who can complete an inspection.
What does this course cover?
- The differences between microbiological, physical, chemical, and allergenic contamination.
- Understand the legislation and regulations put into force.
- Understand who can perform inspections.
- Gain knowledge on what the danger zone of temperatures is with pathogens.
- Explore illnesses that may occur if food safety isn’t completed.
Who is our Online Food Safety Course for?
Our Food Safety course is for anyone who works in an environment where food is handled and requires food safety training, whether they are preparing, cooking, packaging, or serving food. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Food Safety course will give you knowledge, skills, and confidence in how to prevent illnesses caused by contamination of food.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what types of contaminations there are.
- Discuss how pathogens affect food.
- Recognise the legislation and regulations put into force.
- Be able to understand why personal hygiene is important.
- Demonstrate safe preparation, cooking, packaging, or serving of food.
- Discuss what challenges might occur if correct food safety isn’t used.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to demonstrate correct practices.
A 3 hour awareness course focused on the understanding of diet, nutrition and fluids, and exploring good practice methods of promoting health and good practice within the health, home or social care setting.
This course helps develop an understanding of food safety that is suitable to a home setting and also addresses good nutrition for young people.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.