Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Infection Control Awareness Online
About Infection Control Awareness Online
What is Infection Control? What are the 6 different types of pathogens? What legislation and regulations are there? What are the employers and employees’ responsibilities? What is the chain of infection? How are risk assessments important? Our Infection Control course will help you answer the questions above and more. The chain of infection is only as strong as its weakest link. Having one person not understand the risks and methods of infection spread can undo the hard work of others in the setting Through our Infection Control course, you will gain an understanding of what infection control is and how the different types of pathogens cause different types of infection. You will learn the 6 different types of pathogens with examples. You will learn the key legislation and regulations in place. You will also learn the different routes of entry pathogens can take into the body.
What does this course cover?
- What is Infection Control and what the different types of pathogens are.
- Recognise what the acronym FATTOM means.
- Understand the employers and employees’ responsibilities.
- Understand how hygiene can affect the likelihood of infection.
- Explore how the different types of legislation and regulations impact Infection Control these include: The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR), The Food Safety and Hygiene Regulations (FSHR), The Health and Safety At Work Act 1974 (HASAWA) and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (NHSWR).
Who is our Infection Control Awareness Online for?
Our Infection Control Online course is for anyone working in an environment where infection may become prevalent. Our course is a mandatory requirement for most health and social care settings depending on the risk assessment. High-risk settings will need to have a more detailed session to provide the knowledge needed.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what infection control is and describe the 6 different pathogens are.
- Discuss the different types of legislation and regulations put into place to try and prevent infection in the workplace.
- Recognise the employers and employees’ responsibilities when it comes to infection control.
- Be able to recognise the importance of risk assessments.
- Demonstrate the correct method of hand washing.
- Discuss the 4 main ways pathogens can enter the body.
- Evaluate different sources of infection.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to try and prevent infection in the workplace.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Our Alcohol Awareness course enables attendees to identify the difference between Alcoholism, Alcoholic, Alcohol dependant and Alcohol misuse and what medical conditions can be caused by prolonged harmful drinking.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.