Our ADHD in Children course enables attendees to understand what Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is as well as how it can affect day-to-day life for a child.
Learning Disabilities Awareness Online
About Learning Disabilities Awareness Online
What is a learning disability? What is the history of learning disabilities? What legislation is in place that is associated with learning disabilities? What is Down/s Syndrome and the 3 different types as well as what common difficulties are associated with Down’s Syndrome? What is Fragile X Syndrome and how does it affect an individual? What is Foetal Alcohol Syndrome and what are the defects that can occur? What other conditions are there? What are the different ways you can support someone with a learning disability? What kinds of Support Systems are there? Our Learning Disabilities Awareness course will help you answer the questions above and more. There is currently around 1.5 million people living with learning disabilities in the UK. 1.3 million of those people live in England.
Through our Learning Disabilities Awareness course, you will gain an understanding of different examples of the history of learning disabilities and how the individuals were treated. You will learn the stigmatisation revolving around learning disabilities today. You will learn the different types of legislation in place that involves learning disabilities. You will learn how an individual may develop a learning disability before birth (prenatal) and/ or after birth (postnatal). You will learn what the Triad of Impairment is. You will learn the stereotypes of people with learning disabilities. You will also learn the different conditions that learning disabilities can occur with.
What does this course cover?
- What a learning disability and a learning difficulty is.
- Recognise the different associated conditions.
- Recognise what effective communication is and how this can be implemented when caring for/ supporting an individual with a learning disability.
- Understand the different support systems that are available.
- Develop knowledge of the different types of legislation.
- Explore the past of learning disabilities of how individuals would of felt then to how they might feel now.
Who is our Learning Disabilities Awareness Online for?
Our Learning Disabilities course is for everyone. In July the Health and Care Act 2022 introduced a requirement that regulated service providers ensure their staff receive training on learning disability and autism which is appropriate to the person’s role.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss the difference between a learning disability and a learning difficulty.
- Discuss some of the conditions that are associated with learning disabilities, how they are caused, how does it affect someone and what defects can occur.
- Recognise the importance of communication and support.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments for individuals who are going through the menopause.
Our ADHD in Adults and Teens course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding what symptoms can occur as well as what can cause ADHD.
Our Online Safeguarding and Child Protection course enables attendees to identify what the different types of abuse are and how they should be dealt with.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.