Our Equality and Diversity in Foster Care course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding the benefits to multiculturalism and diversity as well as the dangers of assumptions.
Modern Day Slavery Online
About Modern Day Slavery Online
What is Modern-Day Slavery? What are the signs of Modern-Day Slavery? What Constitutes Modern-Day Slavery? What The Modern-Day Slavery Act is? Our Modern-Day Slavery course will help you answer the questions above and more. In 2017 it was estimated that 40.3 million men, women and children around the world were trapped in modern slavery. 10 million of these were just children. Through our Modern-Day Slavery course, you will gain an understanding of what modern slavery is and how it affects individuals. You will learn the different types of slavery and how additional vulnerabilities can affect this. You will learn the many different forms of legislation about modern slavery. Knowledge of The Modern Slavery Act 2015. You will learn how to spot the signs of Modern Slavery and how to act. How additional vulnerability can affect the likelihood of being enslaved.
What does this course cover?
- What Modern Day Slavery is and what types there are?
- Recognise the signs of someone being enslaved.
- Understand the different forms of legislation.
- Understand how additional vulnerabilities can increase an individual’s risk of being enslaved.
- Understand how to take action if you suspect someone is being enslaved.
- Gain knowledge of The Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Explore reason to why an individual would be enslaved.
Who is our Modern Day Slavery Online for?
Our Modern-Day Slavery course is for anyone who is working with individuals that are at risk of being enslaved including children, adolescents, adults and the elderly. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Modern-Day Slavery Course will give you knowledge, skills and confidence in how to prevent and act against Modern Day Slavery.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what Modern Day Slavery is, the different types and the signs.
- Discuss what factors can increase an individual likelihood of being enslaved
- Recognise the signs of Modern-Day Slavery.
- Be able to assess key factors included with the different types of slavery.
- Evaluate the different factors of why an individual may be enslaved.
- Demonstrate an empathic understanding of the experience an individual went through while being enslaved.
- Discuss what challenges might occur after an individual has been freed from slavery.
- Evaluate different circumstances of why an individual’s behaviour may change.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments.
Our Effective Communication Skills course enables attendees to identify the key elements of communication, demonstrate 5 different ways of asking questions and to understand the barriers to effective communication.
Our CBT course enables attendees to understand the types of cognitive distortions, recognise how anxiety and depression disorders relate to CBT.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.