Our Depression and Anxiety Disorders in Children course enables attendees to understand the nature of anxiety and depression as well as how it can impact on an individual and those around them.
Oral Hygiene Online
About Oral Hygiene Online
What is the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and what is the 2019 ‘Smiling Matters: Oral Health Care in Care Homes’ guideline? Who is at risk of bad oral hygiene? What are the effects of aging within the mouth? Why might it be difficult for some people to maintain good hygiene? What does a health tongue look like? What does a dry tongue look like and what it is causes by? What is Leukoplakia, what does it look like and what can it be caused by? What is Glossitis, what does it looks like and what is it caused by?
Our Oral Hygiene course will help you answer the questions above and more.
Dental Inspectors attended 100 care homes – 27% of care plans filly covered oral hygiene, 10% have not heard of it, 39% of managers had not heard of NICE and 47% of staff had never received training.
Through our Oral Hygiene course, you will gain an understanding of what assessment tools are and what the acronyms THROAT and OHAT stand for. You will learn the difference between lip conditions these are: Angular Cheilitis, Granulomatous Cheilitis, Exfoliative Cheilitis and Eczematous Cheilitis. You will learn how to correctly care for lips. You will learn what Periodontal Disease is and what it can impact. What are the signs of a healthy mouth.
What does this course cover?
- Why Oral hygiene is so important.
- Recognise what mouth conditions can develop if you have bad oral hygiene.
- Recognise what tools and steps should be taken to clean teeth and dentures.
- Understand what Thrush is, what it causes and what treatments are there.
- Demonstrate how to use a care plan relating to an individual’s oral health.
- Develop knowledge of what the effective and ineffective oral cleaning solutions are.
- Explore reasons to why ageing might increase the possibility of bad oral health.
Who is our Oral Hygiene Online for?
Our Oral Hygiene course is for anyone who works with older adults as our course is specifically designed and aimed at the elderly care sector.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss the importance and uses of saliva.
- Discuss what medication can cause dry mouth.
- Recognise the importance of oral health.
- Be able to understand a care plan as well as how to use a care plan.
- Discuss why good oral hygiene may be difficult to maintain.
- Evaluate the different conditions relating to the mouth, tongue, and lips.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to develop good hygiene techniques.
Our ADHD in Children course enables attendees to understand what Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is as well as how it can affect day-to-day life for a child.
Our ADHD in Adults and Teens course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding what symptoms can occur as well as what can cause ADHD.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.