Our Depression and Anxiety Disorders in Children course enables attendees to understand the nature of anxiety and depression as well as how it can impact on an individual and those around them.
Online Safeguarding and Child Protection Course
About Online Safeguarding and Child Protection Course
What is the difference between child protection and child safeguarding? What are the statutory agencies? Why do we have safeguards in place? What is vulnerability and who is vulnerable? How to recognise abuse? What are the different types of abuse? Our Online Safeguarding and Child Protection Course will help you answer the questions above and more. 1 in 9 young adults have experienced severe physical violence during childhood at the hands of an adult.
Through our Online Safeguarding and Child Protection Course, you will gain an understanding of what vulnerability is and who may be more vulnerable to harm than others. You will learn how to recognise abuse and how to determine the types of abuse. You will learn the different possible signs of neglect and how to notice them. You will learn what to do when a child exposes abuse to you as well as how to respond to the exposed scenario. You will also learn the different types of legislation involved within Safeguarding and Child Protection.
What does this course cover?
- The legislation involved within Safeguarding and Child protection.
- What safeguarding is.
- Understanding interventions.
- Recognise the different types of abuse as well as the signs and symptoms.
- Understand who is at risk.
- Understand what the statutory agencies are and what their roles are.
Who is our Online Safeguarding and Child Protection Course for?
Our Online Safeguarding and Child Protection Course is for anyone who works within a child setting. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Child Protection and Safeguarding course will give you the knowledge, skills, and confidence to recognise when a child is being abused, how to approach the situation when a child is exposing the situation.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss the different types of abuse and how they can be recognised.
- Discuss how a child may how that they are being abused.
- Recognise the different legislation involved within Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Be able to assess the situation when a child is exposing the abuse to you.
- Evaluate where you should take this information and what the next steps are.
- Demonstrate how to correctly react/ talk to the child while they are exposing the abuse to you.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to help improve your knowledge around child protection.
Our ADHD in Children course enables attendees to understand what Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is as well as how it can affect day-to-day life for a child.
Our ADHD in Adults and Teens course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding what symptoms can occur as well as what can cause ADHD.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.