Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Slips, Trips and Falls Online Course
About Slips, Trips and Falls Online Course
What are Slips, Trips and Falls? What is the Slip Potential Model? What is the Trip Potential Triangle? What legislation and regulations are involved? What control measures should be put into place to minimise the risk of Slips, Trips and Falls in the workplace. Our Online Slips, Trips and Falls course will help you answer the questions above and more. Over 29% of all accidents reported in the workplace consist of slips, trips and falls, making them the most common cause of workplace injuries.
Through our Slips Trips and Falls Online Course, you will gain an understanding of the definitions of slipping, tripping, and hazards/ risks. You will learn the different types of legislation and regulation put into place to try and reduce the number of injuries in the workplace. You will learn what can cause slips by using the Slips Potential Model. You will learn how to prevent trips by using the Trip Potential Triangle.
What does this course cover?
- The definitions of slipping, tripping, and hazards/ risks.
- Recognise the legislation and regulation in force.
- Understand the different causes of slips.
- Understand the different causes of trips.
- Gain knowledge on how to prevent slips, trips, and falls from occurring in the workplace.
- Explore reasons why control measures are so important.
Who is our Slips, Trips and Falls Online Course for?
Our Slips, Trips and Falls course is for anyone working in an environment where a slip, trip or fall can occur. These industries can include catering premises, warehouses, residential homes, child homes or offices. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Slips, Trips and Falls will give you knowledge, skills, and confidence in how to prevent/ reduce slips, trips and falls In the workplace.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what can cause slips, trips, falls, and hazards/ risks.
- Discuss what factors can increase an individual’s likelihood of slipping, tripping, or falling in the workplace.
- Be able to understand the Slips Potential Model and the Trips Potential Triangle.
- Recognise the legislation and regulation put into place.
- Discuss what control measures can be put into place to try and reduce slips, trips, and falls in the workplace.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Our Alcohol Awareness course enables attendees to identify the difference between Alcoholism, Alcoholic, Alcohol dependant and Alcohol misuse and what medical conditions can be caused by prolonged harmful drinking.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.