Our Creating Dementia Friendly Environments Course explores how the environment can significantly impact on people living with dementia and how to create an environment for people living with dementia.
Learn the other conditions which may be present with ADHD and which challenges may an individual face in day-to-day life.
What is Neurodiversity? What are the 3 different types of ADHD? What types of symptoms can occur? What can impact sensory, emotional dysregulation and executive functioning issues? What can cause ADHD? What conditions can be present with ADHD? What types of challenges can be faced in day-to-day life? What types of adjustments can be made to improve an individual’s lifestyle? Our ADHD in Adults and Teens course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
ADHD is more prevalent in children than adults, with about 9.4% of children having a current diagnosis compared to 4.4% of adults. Boys are more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD than girls.
Through our ADHD in Adults and Teens course, you will gain an understanding of the history of ADHD and how it was recognised. You will learn the 3 different types of ADHD as well as the symptoms and signs. You will learn the symptoms that are associated with ADHD in adults. You will learn why many individuals with ADHD experience emotions differently to others. You will learn how ADHD can affect an individuals brain as well as how ADHD seems to impair functioning in particular regions of the brain. You will learn how ADHD is seen within society. You will learn how genetics and gender causes issues within ADHD. You will also learn different risk factors in the mother during prenatal pregnancy.
What does ADHD in Adults and Teens Course cover?
- What neurodiversity is and how it alters an individual’s behaviour.
- Understand the symptoms of ADHD as well as the signs of the 3 types.
- Be aware of the impact ADHD can have on an individual’s sensory, emotional dysregulation and executive functioning issues.
- Recognise other conditions that may be present with ADHD.
- Interpret the ADHD brain and how this can affect an individual’s day-to-day life.
- Gain knowledge of the importance of adjustments to aid the individual.
Who is our ADHD in Adults and Teens Course for?
Our ADHD in Adults and Children course is for anyone who works with, supports, or looks after adults and children. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in this session will provide you with the information to aid an adult or teen.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the 3 different types of ADHD and how they can affect an adults or teens day-to-day life.
- Discuss what neurodiversity is.
- Recognise other conditions that could be present with ADHD.
- Be able to identify the impact sensory, emotional dysregulation and executive functioning issues can have on an individual.
- Demonstrate how to adjust the environment to aid an individual with ADHD.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to increase your knowledge about ADHD and how it can affect an individual’s day-to-day life as well as their life within the workplace.
Frequently asked questions
An advanced, 6 hour course designed for those who have some previous knowledge and experience in safeguarding.
This half day training course examines the factors that increase the likelihood of slips and falls, and explores preventative and precautionary steps to reduce the risk.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.