Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Learn how to notice indicators of an individual’s “meltdown” in autism and what constitutes Autism Spectrum Disorder.
What is Autism Spectrum Disorder? What are the causes of autism? How is gender and autism related? What are stereotypes and how can an individual with autism be stereotyped? Our Autism Spectrum Disorder course will help you answer the questions above and more. It is estimated that around 700,000 people in the UK have a diagnosis of autism. One in 100 children in the UK have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
Through our Understanding Autism Course, you will gain an understanding of what ASD is and the kind of impact it has on the individual. You will learn the causes of autism. You will learn how gender and autism are associated together. You will learn how the diagnosis of autism works. You will understand how communication and speech is affected. You will learn how autism can cause sensory difficulties. You will learn how mental health and self harm is associated with autism.
What does Understanding Autism Course cover?
- What ASD is and how it impacts an individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Recognise how speech and communication is affected.
- Understand what the 6 stage model is and what it covers.
- Understand how and why an individual who has ASD may have sensory difficulties and how all the different senses can be affected.
- Understand how mental health and self harm is involved with ASD.
- Gain knowledge of the SPELL Framework and what it entails.
- Explore reasons to how using different communication strategies can aid or limit the communication between an individual with autism and an individual with no signs of autism.
Who is our Understanding Autism Course for?
Our Understanding Autism Course is for anyone who is looking to gain more complex knowledge around Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and provide others with useful knowledge on how to aid an individual in their work setting. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in gaining more knowledge around Autism Spectrum Disorders will certainly aid you or your organisation.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Understand Autism Spectrum Disorders is and how it can impact a person that has ASD.
- Discuss how mental health is associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Recognise different communication strategies.
- Be able to correctly manage behavioural challenges assoicated with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Evaluate how stereotyping individuals can make people feel and what types of stereotypes of individuals with autism is there.
- Demonstrate how to effectively use communication strategies while speaking with an individual that has ASD.
- Discuss what the SPELL Framework is and how it can be useful.
- Evaluate what the 6 stage target module is and how it is important.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments for individuals who have Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Frequently asked questions
This two-day train the trainer course is designed to train those staff that are looking to teach Moving and Handling training in house to their staff team.
A 6 hour Moving and Handling of People course, ideal for those working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is a prerequisite part of their role.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.