The course is delivered over 4 hours
Our group training is offered for attendees per trainer
This training is available to be delivered in a environment.
What is covered:
It explores the concepts of:
- Unconditional positive regard
- Self awareness, active listening
- Challenging skills
- The stages of the counselling process
- These skills can be used to improve relationships, understanding and support between any two people whether in the adult or child setting.
Who is the course for?
Our Basic Counselling Skills Course is suitable for both Child and Adult Settings.
What will you achieve?
- Define the skills required in a helping relationship
- Develop strategies for raising self awareness
- Demonstrate active listening skills including, verbal and non-verbal attending, reflecting and questions
- Understand empathy and develop skills in showing it
- Understand the purpose of challenging and recognise how and when it should be used
- Set goals and support another in goal setting for themselves
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”