Our Slips, Trips and Falls course enables attendees to use their gained knowledge to assess where a slip, trip or fall might occur.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
Learn the correct pad placement on an adult, child, and infant as well as what to do if a casualty vomits during resuscitation through our Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
What is an AED? What is the Chain of Survival? What is the Circulatory system and how does it work? How does the heart’s electrical system work? What are the different types of rhythms? How do you correct give CPR? What is the correct way to place pads? How do you correctly give a child and infant CPR? What safety considerations should be noticed? What accessories are needed to aid a casualty? What is the acronym of response AVPU? How do you correctly place a casualty into the recovery position? How to recognise mild and severe choking? How to correctly aid an adult, child, or infant casualty from choking? What is a heart attack and angina?
Our Basic Life Support (BLS) Training will help you answer the questions above and more.
Current UK survival rates for cardiac arrest are 8% survive and 93% die, AED study rates 38% survived and 62% died, casualty in VF and shock delivered within 3 minutes rates are 74% survived and 26% died.
What does Basic Life Support (BLS) Training cover?
- What CPR and AED is.
- Recognise the difference between the pad placements on an adult, child, and infant.
- Recognise how to correctly perform CPR on an adult, child, and infant.
- Understand the different accessories that are used to aid a casualty.
- Demonstrate how to correctly place a casualty into the recovery position.
- Develop knowledge to understand the difference between heart rhythms.
- Explore what safety considerations should be notified.
Who is our Basic Life Support (BLS) Training for?
Our Basic Life Support (BLS) Training is for anyone who would like basic knowledge on how to aid an casualty as well as how to correctly perform CPR and use an AED. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our course will give you the knowledge, skills, and confidence.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what a heart attack and Angina is.
- Discuss how to correctly use an AED and how the pads should be placed.
- Recognise the dangers that can occur if CPR or the use of an AED has not been completed correctly.
- Be able to assess the different heart rhythms and what they mean.
- Discuss what to do and what not to do with an unconscious casualty.
- Evaluate the AED sequence.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to develop positive environments for casualties.
Frequently asked questions
A 3 hour awareness course focused on the understanding of diet, nutrition and fluids, and exploring good practice methods of promoting health and good practice within the health and social care setting.
This course explores the key skills used in counselling that are also invaluable to any person in a helping relationship.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.