Challenging Behaviour in Schools Overview:
Our training in the subject of managing difficult behaviours and aggression all follow the Able 6-Stage Target Model which is based on the principles of positive behavioural support, pro-active and responsive strategies and de-escalation. It is a person centred approach suitable for both adult and child environments and adapts to fits all forms of environments and behaviours.
The course is delivered over 2 hours
Our group training is offered for attendees per trainer
What is covered:
This full day course will enable participants to explore the issues that lead to challenging behaviour and is tailored to your environment and needs. They will learn:
- How to identify challenging behaviour.
- The causes of challenging behaviour.
- The different stressors that can contribute to challenging behaviour.
- How challenging behaviour can escalate.
Delegates will learn how to respond to rather than react to challenging behaviour through techniques including:
- Behavioural analysis.
- Behavioural planning.
- Reinforcing and rewarding behaviour that is incompatible with challenging behaviour.
- Appropriate use of praise and extinguishing behaviours.
The course includes the use of clear communication, de-escalation techniques and problem solving with the individual to create win-win outcomes, as well as what to do when faced with danger and helps attendees develop their reaction strategies to aggressive behaviour.
Delegates will learn how to manage high risk conflict, about safe exit strategies, and the importance of team work in managing conflict. They will also learn what they should do after an incident.
Who is the course for?
The course is ideal for care staff working in any child care setting. This training is currently taught to staff around the country to assist those working with children with conduct disorders and behavioural issues. The Able system is praised for its simple but effective principles, its person centred approach and its adaptable design.
What will you achieve?
- Identify challenging behaviour
- Understand the causes of challenging behaviour
- Make adjustments that may help to reduce the behaviour
- Learn how their actions can impact on the behaviour
- Implement pro-active reduction strategies
- Understand the importance of de-escalation
- Identify the right time to intervene
- Develop their communication skills
- Utilise empathy skills to help build trust
- Demonstrate effective de-escalation techniques
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”