Our Online Dementia Awareness course enables attendees to better understand dementia and how to recognise the signs and symptoms.
Challenging Behaviour in Schools
About this course
Our training in the subject of managing difficult behaviours and aggression all follow the Able 6-Stage Target Model which is based on the principles of positive behavioural support, pro-active and responsive strategies and de-escalation. It is a person centred approach suitable for both adult and child environments and adapts to fits all forms of environments and behaviours.
What does Challenging Behaviour in Schools cover?
This full day course will enable participants to explore the issues that lead to challenging behaviour and is tailored to your environment and needs. They will learn:
- How to identify challenging behaviour.
- The causes of challenging behaviour.
- The different stressors that can contribute to challenging behaviour.
- How challenging behaviour can escalate.
Delegates will learn how to respond to rather than react to challenging behaviour through techniques including:
- Behavioural analysis.
- Behavioural planning.
- Reinforcing and rewarding behaviour that is incompatible with challenging behaviour.
- Appropriate use of praise and extinguishing behaviours.
The course includes the use of clear communication, de-escalation techniques and problem solving with the individual to create win-win outcomes, as well as what to do when faced with danger and helps attendees develop their reaction strategies to aggressive behaviour.
Delegates will learn how to manage high risk conflict, about safe exit strategies, and the importance of team work in managing conflict. They will also learn what they should do after an incident.
Who is our Challenging Behaviour in Schools for?
The course is ideal for care staff working in any child care setting. This training is currently taught to staff around the country to assist those working with children with conduct disorders and behavioural issues. The Able system is praised for its simple but effective principles, its person centred approach and its adaptable design.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify challenging behaviour
- Understand the causes of challenging behaviour
- Make adjustments that may help to reduce the behaviour
- Learn how their actions can impact on the behaviour
- Implement pro-active reduction strategies
- Understand the importance of de-escalation
- Identify the right time to intervene
- Develop their communication skills
- Utilise empathy skills to help build trust
- Demonstrate effective de-escalation techniques
Frequently asked questions
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.