Our Depression and Anxiety Disorders in Children course enables attendees to understand the nature of anxiety and depression as well as how it can impact on an individual and those around them.
Learn how to notice indicators of CBT and what constitutes to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? How does CBT relate to mental health disorders? What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy used for? What are the different types of cognitive distortions? Our Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) course will help you answer the questions above and more.
CBT alone is 50-75% effective for overcoming depression and anxiety after 5 – 15 modules. Through our CBT course, you will gain an understanding of what Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is and what conditions/ disorders CBT is empirically supported for. You will learn the different types of cognitive distortions. You will learn different examples of core beliefs. You will also learn how CBT impacts children and young people. You will also learn the different approaches used in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
What does Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Training cover?
- What Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is.
- Understand what conditions/ disorders CBT empirically supports.
- Understand what cognitions are used for different disorders.
- Understand what automatic thoughts are.
- Recognise different types of cognitive distortions.
- Gain knowledge of how CBT impacts children and young people.
- Explore reasons to why Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is used.
Who is our Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Training for?
This course explores the key principles of CBT and teaches delegates about its use and methods of application which can be used by the individual to address their own patterns of thinking and behaviour or to help support and address the issues of another.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is.
- Discuss the different types of cognitive distortions.
- Recognise different core beliefs.
- Be able to assess how CBT can impact a child or young person.
- Evaluate the different approaches used to aid different conditions/ disorders.
- Demonstrate an empathic understanding of the experience’s an individual went through while undergoing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and confidence to develop positive environments.
Frequently asked questions
Our Learning Difficulties Awareness course enables attendees to understand the difference between a Learning Disability and a Learning Difficulty as well as how to use effective communication when supporting an individual with a Learning Disability.
Our Acquired Brain Injury course enables attendees to outline the function and anatomy of the brain as well as what a brain injury can cause.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.