An essential course qualified First Aiders to update their practical skills and knowledge and renew their First Aid at work certificate.
Learn how to notice indicators of cardiac arrest and where you can find AED’s.
What is an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)? What is the chain of survival? What is a cardiac arrest and the survival rates? What to do if an individual vomits during resuscitation? What are the safety considerations we can notice before using an AED? What is Post Traumatic Stress? What is angina? What is a heart attack? Our CPR & AED course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
During cardiac arrest every minute without CPR and defibrillation reduces a casualty’s chance of survival by 10%.
Through our CPR & AED Training, you will gain an understanding of what The Circulatory System is. You will learn the different sections of the heart and how they work also including the electrical system. You will learn the different types of heart readings. You will learn the acronym DRABC in relation to CPR. You will learn the difference of pad placement for an adult to a child. You will learn the difference of CPR for an adult, child and infant.
What does CPR & AED (Defibrillator) Training cover?
- What CPR and AED involves as well as being able to use an AED safely and correctly.
- Recognise different AED sequences.
- Recognise the AED signages.
- Understand the different accessories that are used to then use an AED correctly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to correctly perform CPR as well as use an AED.
- Develop knowledge of when to start performing CPR and to use an AED.
- Explore the Do’s and Don’ts’s when dealing/ aiding an unconscious casualty.
Who is our CPR & AED (Defibrillator) Training for?
Our CPR & AED course is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed to provide candidates with the knowledge and skills needed to perform CPR an to use an AED in emergency situations.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss how to find a AED and how to access them.
- Discuss how to correctly recognise choking whether mild or severe.
- Recognise the difference in pad placement for adults to children.
- Be able to correctly perform CPR and use an AED.
- Discuss the procedures for when emergency services arrive.
- Develop knowledge skills and strategies to develop positive environments for individuals.
Frequently asked questions
Our Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Online training course provides learners with the knowledge and skills to recognise the risks associated with hazardous substances and how to control them.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.