This course will provide candidates with the basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety to allow them to fulfill their legal duties.
Learn how to notice indicators of diabetes and what constitutes diabetes.
What is diabetes? What are the different types of diabetes? How does diabetes affect daily life? How does diabetes affect the body? Is diabetes curable? What are the risks of diabetes? Our Diabetes Awareness Training will help you answer the questions above and more.
One million people have undiagnosed type 2 diabetes, 40,000 children have diabetes, and more than 3,000 children are diagnosed every year.
Through our Diabetes Training, you will gain an understanding of what diabetes is and what types there are. You will learn what hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia are. You will learn the risk and conditions related to diabetes. You will learn the principles and benefits of a healthy diet. You will learn how to support an individual having a hypo or hyperglycaemic attack. You will also learn the different forms of treatment and monitoring systems used in treatment.
What does Diabetes Awareness Training cover?
- What diabetes is and what are the types.
- Recognise what treatments and monitoring systems are used.
- Understand what hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia is.
- Understand how to support an individual having a hypo or hyperglycaemic attack.
- Gain knowledge of the benefits a healthy diet holds.
- Understand the risks and conditions related to diabetes.
Who is our Diabetes Awareness Training for?
Our Diabetes Awareness course is for anyone who would like basic awareness of diabetes. If you are a professional needing to administer insulin injections, you would need specialist training that is not covered in the course.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explain what diabetes is and what the types are.
- Discuss what hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia is.
- Recognise the risks and conditions related to diabetes.
- Be able to state the different forms of treatment and monitoring systems used in treatment against diabetes.
- Identify the benefits of having a healthy diet relating to diabetes.
- Discuss how to support an individual having a hypoglycaemia or hyperglycaemia attack.
Frequently asked questions
Our Behavioural Changes in Dementia Course enables attendees to explore how and why dementia affects a person’s behaviour and gives attendees ways to reduce behaviours and de-escalate distress.
Our Anaphylaxis Awareness course enables attendees to recognise an anaphylactic reaction, be able to describe the legal issues involved in the management of medicines and to be able to understand the causes and effects of allergies.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.