The Soft Mitts mechanical restraint course trains delegates in the use of the VIP-R soft Mitts as an alternative to traditional wrist restraints when mechanical restraint is required to prevent injury or harm in the event of challenging or hazardous behaviours.
Learn how to notice indicators of an eating disorder and what constitutes eating disorders.
What is an eating disorder? What are the different types of eating disorders? What are the signs and symptoms of eating disorders? Are eating disorders biological, psychological, or caused from social influence? How does an eating disorder affect the brain? Our Eating Disorders course will help you answer the questions above and more. In 2021 around 1.25 million people in the United Kingdom have a type of eating disorder.
Through our Understanding Eating Disorders Course, you will gain an understanding of what types of eating disorders there are. You will learn the signs and symptoms of an individual having an eating disorder. You will learn the prevalence of eating disorders. You will learn the risk factors. You will learn how to have a safe conversation with an individual that you suspect has an eating disorder. You will also learn the Cycle of Change.
What does Understanding Eating Disorders Course cover?
- What an eating disorder is and what types there are.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of different types of eating disorders.
- Understand the prevalence of eating disorders.
- Understand the risk factors of eating disorders (Biological, Psychological and Social).
- Understand how to have a safe conversation with an individual you suspect has an eating disorder.
- Gain knowledge of the help and treatment available.
- Explore reasons why an individual develops an eating disorder.
Who is our Understanding Eating Disorders Course for?
Our Understanding Eating Disorders Course is for anyone looking to gain more insight into eating disorders. Secondary schools, especially, have an obligation to provide resources to support children with eating disorders as well as aid in their prevention. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Understanding Eating Disorders Course, will give you knowledge, skills and confidence in how to aid an individual with an eating disorder or someone who you suspect has an eating disorder.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what an eating disorder is and what types there are.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of the different types of eating disorders.
- Discuss the legislation in place for eating disorders.
- Be able to understand what treatments and therapies are available.
- Demonstrate how to safely communicate with an individual that you suspect has an eating disorder or that does have one.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments for individuals with an eating disorder.
Frequently asked questions
Our Memory In Dementia course explores how dementia as a whole affects our memories, why memory disorientation happens and what memory loss looks like for a person living with dementia.
Our Food Safety Awareness Course enables attendees to identify the different types of communication and how PPE and personal hygiene can decrease the risk of contamination.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.