Our CBT course enables attendees to understand the types of cognitive distortions, recognise how anxiety and depression disorders relate to CBT.
Effective Communication Skills
Learn how to notice common communication errors and what constitutes to Effective Communication Skills.
What are the key elements to communication? What are the physical, psychological, and lingual barriers? What are the common communication errors? What are future oriented questions? What is non-verbal communication and non-verbal attending? What is structured communication? Our Effective Communication Skills course will help you answer the questions above and more.
There are 4 types of communication: verbal, non-verbal, written, and visual. Through our Effective Communication Skills course, you will gain an understanding of what the key elements of communication are. You will learn the barriers to effective communication that can be faced. You will learn the common communication errors that are used. You will learn how to enhance non-verbal communication. You will learn the communication benefits of being non-judgemental. You will learn how to demonstrate empathy skills. You will also learn the 5 different ways of asking questions.
What does Effective Communication Skills cover?
- What effective communication is.
- Recognise the barriers to effective communication.
- Understand what empathy is and how empathy skills can be used in the workplace.
- Understand how to enhance non-verbal communication.
- Understand how to give effective feedback.
- Gain knowledge of micro-skills and how they are involved with clarifying.
- Explore 5 different ways of asking questions.
Who is our Effective Communication Skills for?
Our Effective Communication Skills course is for everyone, this session will provide you with the skills to use effective communication within your day to day communication with customers, service users, third parties or other staff members. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Effective Communications Skills course will provide you with knowledge, skills and confidence in how to prevent and act while using Effective Communication.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what Effective Communication is and how to use this in day to day work life.
- Discuss what barriers there are to effective communication.
- Recognise the 5 different ways of asking questions.
- Be able to access key factors of effective feedback.
- Demonstrate empathy skills while using effective communication.
- Evaluate the communication benefits of being non-judgemental.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments.
Frequently asked questions
Our Food Safety course enables attendees to understand the different types of contamination that may occur and to prevent any illnesses caused by pathogens.
Starting learning with a wide range of online courses covering different subjects, including First Aid, Health & Safety and Fire Awareness
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.