Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Training Overview:
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training. However, having the correct first aid provision in the workplace is not just a legal requirement, it is incredibly important for the safety of all members of staff.
The course is delivered over 1 day
Our group training is offered for 3-15 attendees per trainer
What is covered:
The course includes continuous assessment of participant’s practical skills that will be necessary when dealing with threatening emergencies. It will cover:
- First aid in the workplace
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Emergency Action
- Breathing and Circulation
- Casualty Assessment
- Airway Obstruction
- Disorders of the Circulation
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Specific needs of the workplace can usually be included into the course content if required. This includes areas like anaphylaxis, diabetes and epilepsy
Who is the course for?
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) qualification is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace. Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be equipped with the essential skills needed to give safe, prompt and effective first aid in emergency situations.
What will you achieve?
- Assess a scene and prioritise treatment
- Perform a primary survey
- Perform a cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Understand the roles and aim of an Emergency First Aider
- State the recording and reporting procedure in the event of an accident
- Move a casualty into a safe airway position
- Treat minor injuries
- Recognise and treat shock
- Assist a choking casualty
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”