Our LGBTQ+ Awareness course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding the initialism as well as related terminology.
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Level 3 Course
Learn how to notice when an individual may need an ambulance or a first aider and how to recognise life threatening conditions.
Check for Public Course availability HERE
What are the roles of a first aider? What are the aims of a first aider? How do you minimise infection in the workplace? What is in a first aid kit and what is not? How is CPR performed differently for children to adults? What are the causes of unconsciousness? How is The Recovery Position performed differently to children/ infants and adults? How to treat a bleed? How to determine what a minor injury is? What are the types of fractures? What is an accident book?
Our Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3 courses will help you to answer the questions above and more.
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work course is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, to provide first ais in a range of emergency first aid situations.
Through our EFAW Level 3 course, you will gain an understanding of what the chain of survival is and how this is involved with being a first aider. You will learn the different acronyms that are used in first aid which are DRABC, AED, FISH, SHAPED, AVPU, SCALD and BE FAST and which condition or aid they refer to. You will learn how to aid an individual if they have vomited during resuscitation. You will also learn the do’s and do not’s when aiding an individual that is unconscious.
What does Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Level 3 Course cover?
- The roles of a first aider.
- How to aid an individual correctly and safely with a minor injury.
- Understand the contents of a first aid kit.
- Understand how to aid an unconscious and/ or non-responsive and/ or not breathing individual.
- Recognise the difference between mind and severe choking and how to aid a child/ adult when they are choking.
- Understand the difference between a focal and generalised seizure.
- Understand how blood loss is related to skin, breathing, pulse and consciousness.
- Understand what arterial, venous and capillary wounds are.
- Gain knowledge of why an accident book in the workplace is important.
Who is our Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Level 3 Course for?
Our EFAW Level 3 course is for anyone in the workplace who have a specific responsibility to provide basic first aid when needed. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our first aid course will provide you with the knowledge to aid an individual in various emergency first aid situations.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Understand The Respiratory System, The Skeletal System and The Cardiovascular System and which conditions can impact each system.
- Understand how to correctly use a tourniquet.
- Understand the different types of conditions mentioned in our first aid course and how to aid the individual.
- Recognise when to call 999 or 111.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to be a first aider in the workplace.
Frequently asked questions
An in-depth, accredited course in First Aid for Mental Health, covering recognition, treatment and support of a variety of conditions including PTSD, Depression, Substance Abuse, and Personality Disorders.
Our Understanding Self Harm course enables attendees to identify signs, recognise the difference between direct and indirect self-harm and what the different types of self-harm are.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.