Our ADHD Awareness Course helps you understand attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) including ADHD symptoms, how to recognise it and how to support an individual who displays ADHD for both adults and children.
Emergency Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Course
Learn how to notice when a child or infant may need an ambulance or a first aider and how to recognise life threatening conditions.
What are the roles of a first aider? What are the aims of a first aider? What is the contents of a first aid kit? How can you minimise infection? How to correctly use an AED. How do you administer CPR? How to correctly put a child or infant in the recovery position? What are the treatments of bleeding? What the primary and secondary survey is? What is a seizure? What is diabetes?
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid course is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, to provide first aid in a range of emergency first aid situations for children and infants.
Through our Emergency Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course, you will gain an understanding of what life threatening conditions there are and how to recognise them. You will learn what the chain of survival is and how it is implemented in first aid. You will learn how to deal and aid a child or infant if they vomit during resuscitation. You will learn different causes of unconsciousness. You will learn what you should and what you shouldn’t do when there is an unconscious casualty. You will learn the difference between a concussion and compression relating to head injuries.
What does Emergency Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Course cover?
- What is a minor injury and what is a major injury.
- Recognise the different characteristics of the respiratory system.
- Recognise the different characteristics of the circulatory system.
- Recognise the different characteristics of the skeletal system.
- Understand when and how to correctly wound pack.
- Demonstrate how to correctly dress a wound with bandages.
- Recognise how to use a tourniquet.
- Develop knowledge of body temperatures.
- Explore reasons to why heat exhaustion and heat stroke may occur.
Who is our Emergency Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Course for?
Our Emergency Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course is for who have a specific responsibility to provide basic first aid when needed to specifically children and/ or infants. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our first aid course will provide you with the knowledge to aid an individual in various emergency first aid situations.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Understand the different life threatening conditions and how they affect a child or infant.
- Discuss the different types of wounds that can occur and how we can successfully treat them.
- Recognise how to correctly administer medication to children and infants.
- Be able to understand what condition or wound can be treated by a first aider and which where emergency services need to be phoned.
- Evaluate the contents of a first aid kit as well as the roles and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments for children and infants when it comes to first aid.
Frequently asked questions
This 3 hour course teaches delegates about the role and responsibility of personal care, and how to recognise, manage and prevent pressure sores.
A 3 hour conflict managment and training course designed to help lone workers develop vital skills to be safer in their job.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.