Equality and Diversity in Foster Care Course
Learn the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010 and the Children’s Act 1989 as well as what actions should be taken to challenge discrimination.
What is Equality? What is Diversity? What is Inclusion? What is discrimination? What is an assumption? What is culture? What are the benefits of diversity? What is the Equality Act 2010? What are some protected characteristics? What is the Children’s Act 1989? What is prejudice? How can you support a child’s identity? Why is privacy important? Why is communication and non-verbal communication important? Our Equality and Diversity in Foster care course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
One in 12 people are from black and minority ethnic backgrounds, the figure rises to one in eight of under 16 year olds.
Through our Equality and Diversity course, you will gain an understanding of the benefits to multiculturalism and diversity. You will learn the many different types of discrimination. You will learn some protected characteristics. You will learn what actions to take to challenge discrimination. You will learn the dangers of assumptions. You will learn the guidelines of the quality act 2010 and the children’s act 1989. You will learn how communication and non-verbal communication is important. You will also learn what spoken abuse is.
What does Equality and Diversity in Foster Care Course cover?
- What Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is.
- Understand the legal and professional obligations to protect peoples’ rights.
- Be aware of the benefits to multiculturalism and diversity.
- Recognise the dangers of assumptions.
- Understand the different types of legislation involved.
- Gain knowledge of communication and non-verbal communication strategies.
Who is our Equality and Diversity in Foster Care Course for?
Our Equality and Diversity in Foster Care course is for anyone who looks after, carers for or works with foster children. This session is mostly for care sectors. However, this session can also help non-care sectors improve their knowledge regarding equality and diversity within the foster care sector.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the importance of communication strategies.
- Discuss the benefits to multiculturalism and diversity.
- Recognise the guidelines of the legislations that are involved.
- Be able to explore the protected characteristics involved.
- Demonstrate how relationships can be affected.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies that will provide you with details about how to correctly improve a look after child’s day to day life within the foster care sector.
Frequently asked questions
Our Conflict Management course enables attendees to identify early warning signs of conflict as well as useful de-escalation strategies.
This course explores the six stages of managing aggression and challenging behaviour including physical and non-physical defence strategies and will be tailored to your workplace setting.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.