Our Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Awareness Online Course enables attendees to identify the signs and symptoms of the 3 types of ADHD, be able to understand the causes of ADHD and what treatments can be used.
Learn how to notice indicators of discrimination in the workplace and what constitutes to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
What is an assumption? What is multiculturalism? What is the difference between Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion? What is the difference between positive action and positive discrimination? What are the protected characteristics? Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Training will help you answer the questions above and more.
In the UK, the employment rate in every ethnic group was higher for men than women. Through our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI Training, you will gain an understanding of the danger’s assumptions can cause in the workplace. You will learn the benefits to multiculturalism and diversity. You will learn the difference between Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion. You will learn how the Equality Act 2010 is involved. You will learn the protected characteristics. You will learn different examples of discrimination. You will learn how to reduce the likelihood of discrimination in the workplace.
What does Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI Training cover?
- The differences between Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Recognise what an assumption is and how an assumption can be dangerous in the workplace.
- Understand the benefits of diversity.
- Understand what the different types of protected characteristics are.
- Understand the different types of discrimination.
- Gain knowledge of the Equality and Diversity Act 2010.
- Explore reasons to how discrimination can make a person feel.
Who is our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI Training for?
Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI Training is for everyone. Having this knowledge will help you to recognise when discrimination in the workplace is taking place. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Equality and Diversity course will give you knowledge, skills, and confidence in how to try and reduce the likelihood of discrimination occurring.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the differences between Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Discuss the benefits of diversity in the workplace.
- Recognise the different protected characteristics.
- Be able to access how language is involved with Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
- Evaluate adjustments that can be made in the workplace to reduce the likelihood of discrimination occurring.
- Demonstrate an empathic understanding of the experience an individual went through while being discriminated.
- Discuss how the Equality Act 2010 and The Human Rights Act are involved with Equality and Diversity.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments.
Frequently asked questions
Our Online Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) Course enables attendees to identify the six principles which are Empowerment, Protection, Prevention, Proportionality, Partnership and Accountability.
This course explores the key skills used in counselling that are also invaluable to any person in a helping relationship.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.