Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is a person-centred approach to supporting people with behaviours that challenge.
First Aid for Foster Carers
Learn how to notice indicators of the need of a first aider after an accident and how to use an AED and perform CPR correctly and safely.
What are the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards (England) 2011? What is the role of a first aider? How do we minimise infection? What are the aims of a first aider? What is inside a first aid kit? What is the chain of survival? What is the difference between child and infant recovery positions? What are seizures and how do they occur? How do you tell if choking is mild or severe? How is asthma recognised and treated? How is anaphylaxis recognised and treated?
Through our First Aid for Foster Carers course, you will gain an understanding of the importance of a first aider as well as their roles and responsibilities. You will learn what should be inside of a first aid kit. You will learn the dos and don’ts’ when aiding a casualty that is unconscious. You will learn the difference in how to aid an adult when choking and a child when choking. You will learn what Asthma is and why it is important to understand when emergency services should be contacted.
What does First Aid for Foster Carers cover?
- What is CPR and how do you correctly and safely perform CPR.
- Recognise the primary survey and how the acronym DRABC is used.
- Recognise how to aid a child or infant if they vomit during resuscitation.
- Recognise how to aid a child or infant when they are unconscious by using the acronyms FISH and SHAPED.
- Develop an understanding of The Respiratory System and how it can be affected by certain conditions.
- Explore reasons to when you should seek medical advice.
Who is our First Aid for Foster Carers for?
Our First Aid for Foster Carers course is for delegates who are looking to before a first aid but specifically in foster care or as a foster carer themselves. Having the knowledge will help you to recognise, prevent and aid the child when needed.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the first aider.
- Discuss what CPR is, how it is given correctly and when CPR should be administered.
- Recognise the different types of wounds and how we would treat them.
- Be able to recognise and treat a burn, and to be able to know when the emergency services should be notified.
- Discuss what an AED is and how the pads should be placed on a child.
- Evaluate the different types of wounds, illnesses, or conditions that a first aider may need to aid the individual for.
- Develop knowledge, skills and strategies to develop positive environments for the first aider as well as anyone else in the vicinity or an accident.
Frequently asked questions
Our Online Ladder Safety Training enables attendees to gain knowledge on how to use certain types of ladders correctly and safely and how to check for any faults with the ladders before use.
This course covers the physical and emotional aspects of safeguarding adults.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.