This course explores the six stages of managing aggression and challenging behaviour including physical and non-physical defence strategies suitable to the NHS.
Learn how to notice indicators contamination and what constitutes to food safety.
What is food safety? Why is food safety important? What are the different types of contamination? What is binary fusion? How do foodborne disease cause ill health? What are the common causes of cross contamination? How can PPE and personal hygiene decrease the risk of contamination? How do you correctly cook, reheat, cool, thaw, freeze, refrigerate, display and store food?
Our Food Safety Awareness course will help you answer the questions above and more.
Researchers have estimated there are 180 deaths per year in the United Kingdom caused by foodborne diseases from 11 pathogens. The Food Standards Agency (FSA) estimates that about 2.4 million cases of foodborne illness occur every year in the UK.
Through our Food Safety Awareness Course, you will gain an understanding of the types of contamination. You will learn what Foodborne Diseases are and how they cause ill health. You will learn common causes of cross contamination. You will learn why PPE and personal hygiene is important. You will learn why colour coding is used. You will learn how to correctly cook, reheat, cool, thaw, freeze, refrigerate, display, store and, deliver food.
What does Food Safety Awareness Course cover?
- What food safety is and the importance of hygiene.
- Recognise the HACCP principles.
- Understand the different types of contamination.
- Gain knowledge of what the sources of Pathogenic Bacteria are.
- Understand what Bacteria Multiplication is and how it works.
- Gain knowledge of how bacteria divides by binary fission.
- Understand what Foodborne Diseases are and how they cause ill health.
- Gain knowledge of what foods can be classed as high risk.
- Understand what the common causes of cross contamination are.
- Explore reasons to why PPE and personal hygiene is important.
- Explore reasons to why colour coding is important and how it can reduce the risk of contamination.
- Recognise the correct ways cook, reheat, cooling, thaw, freeze, refrigerate, display, store and, deliver food safely.
Who is our Food Safety Awareness Course for?
Our Food Safety Awareness course is for anyone who needs basic awareness of how to reduce the risk of ill health caused by incorrect strategies of dealing with food or equipment used for food. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Food Safety Awareness course will give you knowledge, skills and, confidence in how to reduce the risks of contamination.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss what food safety is and how it is important.
- Discuss the different types of contamination and how they can cause ill health.
- Recognise the sources of Pathogenic Bacteria.
- Be able to access how bacteria multiplication works.
- Evaluate how Foodborne Diseases cause ill health.
- Discuss which foods can be classed as high risk.
- Discuss common causes of cross contamination.
- Evaluate reasons to why PPE and personal hygiene is important.
- Be able to understand how colour coding is important.
- Discuss what pests can cause.
- Develop knowledge, skills and, strategies to develop positive environments.
Frequently asked questions
This course will provide candidates with the basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety to allow them to fulfill their legal duties.
Our CBT course enables attendees to understand the types of cognitive distortions, recognise how anxiety and depression disorders relate to CBT.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.