Our Fire Marshal training enables attendees to understand what to do in the event of a fire, how to prevent a fire and how to limit the spread.
Health & Safety for Foster Carers
Learn how to notice an unsafe environment using a risk assessment.
What are the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards (England) 2011? What are the causes of falls, burns, collisions with another person or with an object, and poisoning? How could you of prevented a fall, burn, collision or poisoning? How do you treat a fall, burn, collision and poisoning? Why is drowning risks important to understand. Our Health and Safety for Foster Carers course will help you answer the questions above and more.
Nearly half of all childhood accidental injuries occur at home or in the garden.
Through our Health and Safety for Foster Carers course, you will gain an understanding of what the Risk Assessment Decision Tree is. You will the importance of ladder safety. You will learn what object and equipment should be worn and when they should be. You will learn what electrical hazards are as well as the risks that can be involved. You will learn why children in foster care potentially are more likely to have an accident in the home than a child that is not in foster care.
What does Health & Safety for Foster Carers cover?
- What are the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards (England) 2011.
- Recognise the different types of hazardous substances that can be found in the home.
- Recognise why it is important to have a fire marshal on sight in the home.
- Understand the importance of checking carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors.
- Demonstrate how to correctly fill out a child centred risk assessment.
- Develop knowledge of what is hazardous waste and what is not.
- Explore reasons to why car safety is important.
Who is our Health & Safety for Foster Carers for?
Our Health and Safety for Foster Carers course is for people who work in a foster care agency or that are a foster carer themselves. This course will provide the delegates with knowledge and skills to make the home safer for the children/ child and to try and prevent injury.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the most common causes of injuries in a home.
- Discuss what the hierarchy of control measures is.
- Recognise why infection control measures are important.
- Be able to assess when a risk assessment should be carried out.
- Discuss why having knowledge of sharp injuries with children is important for foster carers to have.
- Evaluate what COSHH signs look like.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to develop positive safe environments for the children in homes.
Frequently asked questions
For low to medium risk settings Module 2 provides personal safety strategies, non-restrictive physical skills including responsive interventions to manage big emotions and breakaway training for those who experience hazardous behaviour that poses a physical risk to staff or service user. Staff need training in personal safety, breakaway or separation techniques but should not be required to use manual restraint. (this is the maximum level for lone workers)
This single-day Ligature Awareness Train the Trainer course provides an understanding and awareness in the subject of Ligatures and ligature reduction protocol.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.