Online & Internet Safety Overview:
The online world is such a rapidly changing environment it can be difficult to keep up with the ever changing nature and dangers of the environment. Our three-hour Internet Safety course helps individuals working with children to get up-to-speed with the on-line threats faced by looked after children.
The course is delivered over 3 hours
Our group training is offered for 3-12 attendees per trainer
What is covered:
In addition to looking at the risks posed by social networking, cyberbullying, grooming/sexual exploitation and inappropriate website content, this course explores issues specific to children in care, including:
- Unauthorised contact and how children can be traced.
- The smartphone ‘apps’ that facilitate and encourage ‘sexting’.
- Software and hardware to prevent access to inappropriate content and prevent unauthorised contact.
- Spotting online ‘friends’ who might not be who they say they are.
- Incorporating Internet safety into the safer caring plan.
Who is the course for?
This three hour Internet Safety course helps individuals working with children to get up-to-speed with the on-line threats faced by looked after children.
What will you achieve?
- State the pros and cons of cyber space in relation to children
- Understand common risks associated with social networking, cyber-bullying, grooming/sexual exploitation and inappropriate website content
- Initiate steps to protect children from internet dangers
- Understand internet terms and new applications
- Develop education strategies to teach children about internet safety
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”