Our Online Manual Handling Course enables attendees to understand how to safely move objects using the Manual Handling Hierarchy.
Online & Internet Safety
About this course
The online world is such a rapidly changing environment it can be difficult to keep up with the ever changing nature and dangers of the environment
What does Online & Internet Safety cover?
In addition to looking at the risks posed by social networking, cyberbullying, grooming/sexual exploitation and inappropriate website content, this course explores issues specific to children in care, including:
- Unauthorised contact and how children can be traced.
- The smartphone ‘apps’ that facilitate and encourage ‘sexting’.
- Software and hardware to prevent access to inappropriate content and prevent unauthorised contact.
- Spotting online ‘friends’ who might not be who they say they are.
- Incorporating Internet safety into the safer caring plan.
Who is our Online & Internet Safety for?
This three hour Internet Safety course helps individuals working with children to get up-to-speed with the on-line threats faced by looked after children.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- State the pros and cons of cyber space in relation to children
- Understand common risks associated with social networking, cyber-bullying, grooming/sexual exploitation and inappropriate website content
- Initiate steps to protect children from internet dangers
- Understand internet terms and new applications
- Develop education strategies to teach children about internet safety
Frequently asked questions
This workshop is aimed at male foster carers giving them an environment where they can speak openly and confidentially about their experiences of caring.
This single-day Ligature Awareness Train the Trainer course provides an understanding and awareness in the subject of Ligatures and ligature reduction protocol.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.