Our Combined FAW and PFA course enables attendees to identify the role and responsibilities of a first aider and paediatric first aider as well as to identify how to minimise the risks of infection to self and others.
Legionella Awareness Online
About Legionella Awareness Online
What is Legionella? Where can Legionella bacterium be found? How is Legionella contracted? What types of conditions can increase the risk of Legionella bacterium? What is the mortality rate regarding Legionnaires’ disease? What types of individuals are at risk? What is the chain of events required for Legionnaires’ disease to be contracted? What are some approved codes of practice? What should a risk assessment contain? Whose job is it to review a risk assessment and why is it important? Why are water checks important and when should they be completed? What responsibilities does the duty holder have?
Our Legionella Awareness course will help you to answer the questions above and more.
Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia with a 5 to 30 perfect fatality rate.
Through our Legionella Awareness course, you will gain an understanding of how to find Legionella. You will learn how Legionnaires’ disease is contracted. You will learn all the different control measures available to reduce the risk of the contraction of Legionnaires’ disease. You will learn what temperature control is and why it is important. You will learn environmental conditions that can increase the risk of Legionella bacterium present. You will also learn high risk individuals to Legionnaires’ disease.
What does this course cover?
- What Legionnaires’ disease is and how an individual contracts it.
- Understand the required chain of events for Legionnaires’ disease to be contracted.
- Be aware of the important of water and temperature checks, when should these checks be completed and to what extent.
- Recognise who is high risk of contracting Legionnaires’ disease.
- Interpret the importance of management and training regarding Legionella bacterium.
- Gain knowledge of the importance of a duty holders’ responsibilities and what those responsibilities are.
Who is our Legionella Awareness Online for?
Our Legionella Awareness course is for anyone who works with or comes across cooling towers, evaporative condensers, hot and cold-water systems, and spa pools. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in this session will provide you with the information.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss what Legionella pneumophila is and where it can be found.
- Discuss how Legionnaires’ disease is normally contracted.
- Recognise environmental conditions that can increase the risk of legionella.
- Be able to understand the required chain of events for Legionnaires’ disease to be contracted.
- Demonstrate how a risk assessment should be taken.
- Develop understanding of the primary method used to control the risk from Legionella and within water temperature control.
Our Combined EFAW and EPFA course is designed for individuals who wish to act as an emergency first aider in their workplace and who have a responsibility to look after both children and adults.
Our Epilepsy Awareness course enables attendees to have a better understanding of the condition and how to support individuals with epilepsy.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.