Our Depression and Anxiety Disorders in Children course enables attendees to understand the nature of anxiety and depression as well as how it can impact on an individual and those around them.
Substance Misuse Course Online
About Substance Misuse Course Online
What is the difference between abuse and misuse? What are the 3 categories of drugs? What are stimulants and paraphernalia? What is a hallucinogenic? What are depressants and paraphernalia? What are psychoactive substances? What are some of the reasons to why an individual may start misusing substances? Our Online Substance Misuse course will help you answer the questions above and more.
16.6% of adults in the UK report drinking to hazardous levels, while 1.2% report levels which indicate probable alcohol dependence. 3.1% of adults in the UK show signs of drug dependence and men are more likely to be dependant on illegal drugs than women.
Through our Substance Misuse Course Online, you will gain an understanding of what a stimulant, hallucinogenic and depressant is as well as examples of the substances each entail. You will learn which substances are in which Class, either A, B or C. You will learn how possession, supply and production occurs for each class of substances. You will learn why people take drugs and why people don’t. You will learn how these substances are took as well as the damage they inflict on an individual.
What does this course cover?
- What the difference between abuse and misuse is.
- Recognise what the Biopsychosocial Model is and how it is implemented for individuals that misuse substances.
- Recognise what an addiction is and how they can develop.
- Understand the pros and cons to an honest conversation.
- Develop communication strategies.
- Understand the Cycle of Change.
- Explore reasons to why an individual may start to misuse substances.
Who is our Substance Misuse Course Online for?
Our Substance Misuse course is for anyone who is looking for knowledge regarding each substance and how they affect an individual. Whatever care or non-care sector you work in our Substance Misuse course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss many different types of substances that can be misused or abused.
- Discuss common triggers and coping strategies.
- Recognise the importance of change as well as having knowledge of where to find treatment.
- Be able to assess the different conditions/ illnesses that may occur from misusing a substance.
- Discuss how mental health is related to Substance misuse.
- Evaluate when using a substance is then classed as misuse or abuse.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and strategies to develop positive environment for individual who may be substance misusing.
Our ADHD in Children course enables attendees to understand what Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is as well as how it can affect day-to-day life for a child.
Our ADHD in Adults and Teens course enables attendees to gain knowledge regarding what symptoms can occur as well as what can cause ADHD.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
We work with specialists including doctors, nurses, dietitians and psychologists to keep our courses up to date and relevant.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below or to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific office needs.
Recieve a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.