Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Course Overview:
The Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage, published by The Department for Children, Schools and Families, applies to Early Years childcare within England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Statutory Framework states that ‘at least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises at all times when children are present. There must be at least one person on outings who has a current paediatric first aid certificate.’ The Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid is recognised as a qualification that fulfils this need.
The course is delivered over 2 days
Our group training is offered for attendees per trainer
What is covered:
Delegates will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation including being able to provide first aid for a child and an infant who:
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Head, neck and back injuries Fractures
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions Meningitis
- Febrile Convulsions
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric Shock
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic Shock
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Minor Injuries
- Treatment for hot and cold body temperatures
Who is the course for?
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
What will you achieve?
Attendees will learn the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the necessary skills to administer safe and effective treatment when dealing with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Learn how to assess an emergency situation
- Deal with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position CPR and defibrillation Choking
- Learn how to treat minor injuries
- Bites and Stings Seizures
- Learn how to treat External Bleeding Hypovolaemic shock
Why Choose Able?
“Excellent, hands on learning made fun and interactive. trainer answered every question and was very informative but also fun.”
“Trainer was brilliant making the course very easy to learn and very enjoyable. Thank you.”
“I really liked the trainer's style and method of training. This trainer is the best trainer I have ever had.”
“Trainer had good knowledge backed up with good humour the course worked really well. Clear and concise.”
“Very good course trainer has great knowledge of his subject and presents the course in a relaxed manner.”