Our First Aid for Foster Carers course enables attendees to become a first aider as well as use the techniques to aid during situations which is designed to meet standard 6.7 of the National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services.
Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Training
About this course
The Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage, published by The Department for Children, Schools and Families, applies to Early Years childcare within England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Statutory Framework states that ‘at least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises at all times when children are present. There must be at least one person on outings who has a current paediatric first aid certificate.’ The Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid is recognised as a qualification that fulfils this need.
What does Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Training cover?
Delegates will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation including being able to provide first aid for a child and an infant who:
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Head, neck and back injuries Fractures
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions Meningitis
- Febrile Convulsions
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric Shock
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic Shock
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Minor Injuries
- Treatment for hot and cold body temperatures
Who is our Paediatric First Aid Level 3 Training for?
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
Attendees will learn the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the necessary skills to administer safe and effective treatment when dealing with a range of paediatric first aid situations.
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Learn how to assess an emergency situation
- Deal with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position CPR and defibrillation Choking
- Learn how to treat minor injuries
- Bites and Stings Seizures
- Learn how to treat External Bleeding Hypovolaemic shock
Frequently asked questions
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.