Our Child Sexual Exploitation course enables attendees to identify the signs and indicators of CSE, identify different grooming models and the process of grooming, provide appropriate support, understanding and protection for those experiencing CSE.
About this course
Check for Public Course availability HERE
Promoting positive moving and handling practice for those who assist in the moving and handling of people is one of the primary training areas for those environments that it effects. Muscular-skeletal injury is still one of the biggest causes of workplace ill health and those staff that are moving people are statistically at greater risk.
What does Moving and Handling Train the Trainer cover?
Delegates will learn the theoretical knowledge to ensure their delegates understand the legal duties of manual handling practice. They will understand the risks of moving and handling and be able to perform and teach the use of moving and handling risk assessments. This will allow them to teach both the moving of loads and people to their environment. This course is aligned to the CSTF (Core Skills Training Framework).
Who is our Moving and Handling Train the Trainer for?
This two-day course is designed to train those staff that are looking to teach Moving and handling training in house to their staff team. They will then receive significant training on the use of moving and handling equipment related to moving people. Throughout the course they will also receive ongoing advice on teaching and delivery skills to be able to impart this information in face to face training sessions that they run in house.
All delegates that pass the course will receive
- Certificate in “Moving with safety (people) train the trainer”
- Trainer pack containing session plans and powerpoint presentations for half day (refresher) and full day training courses in Moving and Handling People that is aligned to the CSTF , additional training material and activities they can use for their own session delivery.
Delegate Assessment Methods:
- Written test
- Practical assessment
- Micro- teach
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- To define manual handling and its potential risks
- To inform staff of manual handling legislation
- Understand the nature of muscular skeletal injuries
- Inform staff on how to perform a risk assessment when moving people or objects
- Demonstrate good manual handling technique
- Understand the process and procedures involved in delivering a theory based and practical skills course
- Communicate and present effectively to learners
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills
- Self-reflect and review practice post feedback
Frequently asked questions
Our CBT course enables attendees to understand the types of cognitive distortions, recognise how anxiety and depression disorders relate to CBT.
Our Behavioural Changes in Dementia Course enables attendees to explore how and why dementia affects a person’s behaviour and gives attendees ways to reduce behaviours and de-escalate distress.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.