This course explores the causes, symptoms, treatments and impact that PTSD can have on children.
Safeguarding Level 3 & Designated Safeguarding Lead Train the Trainer
Learn to deliver professional safeguarding training to protect vulnerable groups including the safeguarding of adults and children.
Check for Public Course availability HERE
Safeguarding is a term used to denote measures to protect the health, well-being and human rights of all individuals, which allow people — especially children, young people and vulnerable adults — to live free from abuse, harm and neglect. It is an integral part of providing high-quality care and support. Training is one part of the measures taken by an organisation to ensure all staff know what safeguarding is, how to recognise abuse, harm and neglect and what steps should be taken to both prevent and respond to incidents of concern. The course will be assessed with a multiple-choice theory test, case study analysis and a microteach delivering safeguarding content.
What does Safeguarding Level 3 & Designated Safeguarding Lead Train the Trainer cover?
- Know the key legislation relating to safeguarding children and adults at risk
- Know the signs and symptoms of different sorts of abuse
- Understand roles and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and partnership working
- Have an understanding of information sharing protocols
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge around case triage and escalation
- Have an overview of the allegations management process
- Develop your role as safeguarding trainer
- Planned how to create a safe training environment
- Understand different learning styles
- Developed skills in safeguarding training
- Be able to deliver sessions using different training methods to suit the learners
- Know how to give and receive feedback
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to use evaluation to develop personal training skills
Who is our Safeguarding Level 3 & Designated Safeguarding Lead Train the Trainer for?
Aimed at Managers in social care settings, designated safeguarding leads, those with safeguarding as a key part of their role who plan to train others. Learners should have sector experience and have previously undertaken some level of safeguarding training prior to the course. Ideally, learners should also have a minimum of level 3 teaching qualification if not they will still be able to deliver safeguarding courses in-house with this qualification.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Describe overall safeguarding best practice at Level 3
- Identify specific safeguarding services in your particular context
- Explain the relationship between confidentiality and safeguarding
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of interagency safeguarding
- Describe the characteristics of good safeguarding documentation
- Identify actions that follow from reflections on safeguarding best practice
- Summarise the role of supervision in safeguarding
Frequently asked questions
Our Infection Control Online course enables attendees to identify the different types of pathogens and examples of each and how to prevent infection.
Our First Aid Awareness Training Online enables attendees to understand the contents of a first aid kit, what CPR is and how to correctly provide it, the difference between internal and external bleeding as well as when to call emergency services.
Reviews from Google
Why choose Able?
Specialists in your
Our courses can be personalised to the individual setting to meet the unique needs of your company.
Training can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of our training locations across the UK.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup, we’ve got your training needs covered. Trusted by companies of all sizes including:
Alzheimer’s Society, Mind, Foster Care Associates, Nursing Midwifery Council and the Scouts.
How to get started
Complete the contact form below to get in touch with our team of training advisors
A training partner will be provided to consult and work with you to create a solution that meets your specific training needs.
Receive a tailored quote and book your chosen date.
Fill in the form below so one of our team can reach out with more information.